Theo Corbeanu

jordan

These are players that need to step up , guys like this yes they are young but if we have any chance of doing anything in the next World Cup guys like this have to be starting and contributing at levels like the Champion or higher . He was doing well in the beginning of the season but now he has been either on the bench for most of the game or not even on the game day roster. Still alot of time before 2026 but if we are to get wins or even get out of our group in 2026 we need more depth than we had in this World Cup .

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Anyone know the type of injury? Usually players only post something like this if they’re gonna be out for a while:

Ankle. Surgery is a possibility according to the Blackpool manager.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/bridcutt-fiorini-and-corbeanu-michael-appleton-issues-fresh-update-on-blackpools-injury-crisis-3949591

4 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

That's not good. Don't wanna do my MD impression, but better it be an ankle than an ACL (I think?). Does anyone know when he got injured? I don't recall him being taken off in any game, however, if he had a nagging knock that he only got checked out during the WC break, that can also explain his low playing time into the break (his form wasn't great either, but maybe that's because of this?)

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

I broke my ankle and was 100% within 3 months (my ankle still has a screw in it). His ligaments are still messed after 9 months.  I definitely know which one I would have preferred for him.   

You got lucky. I have a plate and 5-6 screws. Can't skate, ski, or anything else with a boot without getting all that out. Ligaments were damaged too. Took at least a year. 

On 12/10/2022 at 11:00 AM, SoccMan said:

These are players that need to step up , guys like this yes they are young but if we have any chance of doing anything in the next World Cup guys like this have to be starting and contributing at levels like the Champion or higher . He was doing well in the beginning of the season but now he has been either on the bench for most of the game or not even on the game day roster. Still alot of time before 2026 but if we are to get wins or even get out of our group in 2026 we need more depth than we had in this World Cup .

Yeah and I hope we at least take a look at him well for Gold Cup this summer

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't mind him staying at Wolves to see if he can pick up some first team minutes. I cannot see him getting more than a handful of appearances, but you never know. That said, another loan is probably better for his development. He's proven he can be a good player at the Championship level, he now needs to prove he can do it consistently (ideally with a club better than Blackpool). I imagine this is what Wolves are thinking about his situation. 

Just now, Dominic94 said:

If it’s a ligament injury it’s a real pain in the ass. 

If it's a ligament injury he's probably not going out on loan again - unless it is incredibly minor. He cannot join another Championship team on loan after the window closes, right? And if you are a Championship team (or any team), you're unlikely to bring a player on loan if you have to wait on his fitness.

That may set up the scenario where Corbeanu stays at Wolves until he recovers, then he goes back down to the U-23s. Or possibly he starts making the bench for the Wolves first team. He was doing that toward the end of the 2020-21 season, so it wouldn't be that shocking - especially considering Wolves seem to be struggling more than they were previously. Theo is also a better player (I would like to think) than he was back then. He had some good stretches down in the Championship with Blackpool, and he's the property of Wolves - they may want to throw him into the mix and see how he does, because they'll want to develop their asset, like any other club (except TFC of course 😁)

Fotmob says he’s out until mid January for whatever that’s worth, but he did post that video about coming back strong or whatever which players typically do if they’re out for a while.

Blackpool look like they could get relegated, so maybe he gets sent elsewhere too. When does the transfer window close? It would be a shame if he’s injured until the window closes but can’t make the wolves lineup. Maybe by the time he’s healthy they’ll be so deep into the relegation zone that they play him to let him do his thing and maybe sell him, or give him practice for when he’s starting for them in the championship next year 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Ipswich Town are in the running to sign Corbeanu on loan

Theo Corbeanu from Wolves to Ipswich Town: What do we know so far? Is the transfer likely to happen? | Football League World

Seeing his wiki club player summary, he is either further along toward moving to Ipswich than we think, or perhaps their fans are just getting a little trigger happy :)

Theo Corbeanu - Wikipedia

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Seems like Ipswich Town are in the running to sign Corbeanu on loan

Theo Corbeanu from Wolves to Ipswich Town: What do we know so far? Is the transfer likely to happen? | Football League World

Seeing his wiki club player summary, he is either further along toward moving to Ipswich than we think, or perhaps their fans are just getting a little trigger happy :)

Theo Corbeanu - Wikipedia

Was hoping he could get another Championship loan.

At least Ipswich are pushing for promotion in League One I guess