Theo Corbeanu

jordan

17 hours ago, costarg said:

What makes this stat even more impressive is he did that on only 743 minutes out of a possible 1310.  They should add that bit for a little more scope.

It's my exact reason why he goes to Qatar for me. A late game sub if ever needed, I know he's going directly at defender with his speed and gusto.

13 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Given his size, he's a unique player in that way. It's a rare mix of speed, strength and excellent dribbling ability. 

Someone should convert him to a striker at some point.  Said way back that he reminds me of Arnautovic, on the way to developing the similar strengths and weaknesses. 

Still think we need him and Millar for different reasons and situations.  

43 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Wolves with a terrible start to the season. I hope Theo makes the team next year, but I hope that isn’t made easier by then being a championship team…

I dunno. If you give me Theo starting or at least getting regular minutes off the bench for Wolves in the Championship, I would be tempted to take that over Theo making the team in the English Premier League, but barely playing a minute. I don't hope Wolves get relegated, but there'd potentially be benefits for Corbeanu in terms of game time. You never know with the Championship, but you could easily see Wolves bouncing straight back up if they go down. 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I dunno. If you give me Theo starting or at least getting regular minutes off the bench for Wolves in the Championship, I would be tempted to take that over Theo making the team in the English Premier League, but barely playing a minute. I don't hope Wolves get relegated, but there'd potentially be benefits for Corbeanu in terms of game time. You never know with the Championship, but you could easily see Wolves bouncing straight back up if they go down. 

Corbeanu is young and still has a lot to learn.  Spending another year in the Championship, with his team and with a manager that should really care about his long-term development, is not the worst scenario for me.   Assuming a lot of the big buys want out and he is at least penciled in as a starter.

I wonder what their agent angel does at that point. 

On 10/23/2022 at 10:11 AM, Obinna said:

He can do all of that by staying an extra year at Blackpool (who also need to make sure they don't get relegated), and I don't know that Wolves should be expected to go right back up if they do get relegated. I think he's proven himself a championship level player, and there will likely be opportunities for loans to promotion threat clubs next season if he's not back at Blackpool.

To their credit, Wolverhampton have treated Theo's development seriously, especially with calling him back in January to send him to a team that would actually play him, so I don't know that they would add him to their roster only to never play him, because I do think they believe they really have a player on their hands, and one constant with him is that he has all the talent in the world, but needs to get his reps to learn how to play a more complete game.

My guess is that he'll be in the championship again next year regardless of what happens with Wolves- 21 y/o playing that level is very good, and the fact that he has access to a premier league team who needs to moneyball their way to success, which bodes well for their prospects, is a massive advantage for him. I can imagine a scenario next season where Theo is back at blackpool, scores 7-8 goals before Christmas, and a struggling wolves side calls him up in January. I think if they get relegated, his path to the premier league is trickier, or at least less "guaranteed" than it is now.

9 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He can do all of that by staying an extra year at Blackpool (who also need to make sure they don't get relegated), and I don't know that Wolves should be expected to go right back up if they do get relegated. I think he's proven himself a championship level player, and there will likely be opportunities for loans to promotion threat clubs next season if he's not back at Blackpool.

To their credit, Wolverhampton have treated Theo's development seriously, especially with calling him back in January to send him to a team that would actually play him, so I don't know that they would add him to their roster only to never play him, because I do think they believe they really have a player on their hands, and one constant with him is that he has all the talent in the world, but needs to get his reps to learn how to play a more complete game.

My guess is that he'll be in the championship again next year regardless of what happens with Wolves- 21 y/o playing that level is very good, and the fact that he has access to a premier league team who needs to moneyball their way to success, which bodes well for their prospects, is a massive advantage for him. I can imagine a scenario next season where Theo is back at blackpool, scores 7-8 goals before Christmas, and a struggling wolves side calls him up in January. I think if they get relegated, his path to the premier league is trickier, or at least less "guaranteed" than it is now.

He would still be a loan player at Blackpool, so how you are treated is slightly different. And not a lot of players go the same place twice from the Premier League, that I recall off the top of my head.

I would rather have him playing for Wolves in the Championship than any other team that didn't own him.  Assuming he is playing regularly at either.

I would also say, he is not a all-round Championship level player yet, which is shown in the amount he is on the bench. He's gone 90' 3 times this year.

30 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

He would still be a loan player at Blackpool, so how you are treated is slightly different. And not a lot of players go the same place twice from the Premier League, that I recall off the top of my head.

I would rather have him playing for Wolves in the Championship than any other team that didn't own him.  Assuming he is playing regularly at either.

I would also say, he is not a all-round Championship level player yet, which is shown in the amount he is on the bench. He's gone 90' 3 times this year.

Wolves relegating is the best thing that could happen to Theo. If he can become a starter and promote with them he’s laughing. 

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Being treated like a loanee is the one factor that makes it less catastrophic for me if Wolves get relegated- I started this discussion mostly because it would be funny/sad if our one real prospect with premier league ties loses said ties because his club, through no fault of his own, gets relegated. I think him getting loaned to a new championship club is probably my preferred outcome for him next year (barring him taking a massive leap in the next 6 months and going to the premier league obviously), mainly because Blackpool has not looked very good this year. If they don't get promoted next year, I'd love to see what Corbeanu, Jebbison and Kone could do for Sheffield next year, that would be such a fun team to watch. Maybe even Norwich- he can compete for minutes with Josh Sargent and give us some bragging rights over our american friends, I dunno. 

Even not being a full time starter, he's still second on the team in goals (not saying much, they can't score), second in Fotmob, the blackpool message boards + twitter demand his appearance when he doesn't play, he's legitimately one of their better players. He's certainly solidified his position as a championship quality player, that is clear to me. He's got a ways to go before he can step up to the next level, but at his current level, he could make a nice career out of playing in that league for a while.

Maybe I'm still feeling the burn from Nottingham and Richie Laryea, but my concern with him playing for a relegated Wolves side is that if they get promoted again and he's not where he has to be when that time comes, they're going to go on a massive shopping spree to make sure they don't get relegated again, and bury him so far down the depth chart, he'll be forgotten about, or dropped when his contact is up. The situation is obviously different because of age, position, situation/etc., but with how finicky clubs are when it comes to fighting for promotion or staving off relegation, I don't think that's a great scenario for a player like Corbeanu who isn't quite a tier one prospect, but is still someone with loads of potential who just needs time to develop.

56 minutes ago, Shway said:

outside of Davies and David right?

Upside.. those guys are more complete at this stage. They xan improve but I think Theo has the skillset to really advance his career from where he is right now

He's a very dynamic player and physically very gifted. He just needs to put it all together 

Edited by SpursFlu

7 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Being treated like a loanee is the one factor that makes it less catastrophic for me if Wolves get relegated- I started this discussion mostly because it would be funny/sad if our one real prospect with premier league ties loses said ties because his club, through no fault of his own, gets relegated. I think him getting loaned to a new championship club is probably my preferred outcome for him next year (barring him taking a massive leap in the next 6 months and going to the premier league obviously), mainly because Blackpool has not looked very good this year. If they don't get promoted next year, I'd love to see what Corbeanu, Jebbison and Kone could do for Sheffield next year, that would be such a fun team to watch. Maybe even Norwich- he can compete for minutes with Josh Sargent and give us some bragging rights over our american friends, I dunno. 

Even not being a full time starter, he's still second on the team in goals (not saying much, they can't score), second in Fotmob, the blackpool message boards + twitter demand his appearance when he doesn't play, he's legitimately one of their better players. He's certainly solidified his position as a championship quality player, that is clear to me. He's got a ways to go before he can step up to the next level, but at his current level, he could make a nice career out of playing in that league for a while.

Maybe I'm still feeling the burn from Nottingham and Richie Laryea, but my concern with him playing for a relegated Wolves side is that if they get promoted again and he's not where he has to be when that time comes, they're going to go on a massive shopping spree to make sure they don't get relegated again, and bury him so far down the depth chart, he'll be forgotten about, or dropped when his contact is up. The situation is obviously different because of age, position, situation/etc., but with how finicky clubs are when it comes to fighting for promotion or staving off relegation, I don't think that's a great scenario for a player like Corbeanu who isn't quite a tier one prospect, but is still someone with loads of potential who just needs time to develop.

Being owned by a Premier League team sounds good but if you are playing in the Championship (or lower even) and have Premiership quality, teams know and snap you up.  Bale, Lescott, Antonio, Bowen, Cresswell, Stones, Madison to name a few I know of. 

My opinion of him is based on watching him a little and listening to his games more. I used to watch his Wolves Reserves game at lunch all the time.  He is a flashy player so fans will always love him, especially when they are lacking goals. And his stats are good a lot of the time because they can't capture defensive work.  But he isn't trusted in a lot of key situations. I don't want to run him down because I have been a fan for a few years but he is not there yet for me. He has tons of potential, though I think he might be better served by being a striker and not being expecting to track back at all.