Theo Corbeanu

jordan

His team lose 1-2, which was the score when he came on.

Watched most of the second half.

Early days and just one half  - maybe a case of not trusting him yet and trailing but not given a lot of chance to have an impact.

Kept his position wide and stretched the opposition but never really given the ball to run with.  Lots of hit and hope, hero runs and speculative shots from his teammates.

Played wide left and after some offensive subs, right wing back.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Anyone else getting a bit concerned with the lack of progress by Theo? Wolves have loaned him out a number of times now but he has not established himself as a starter at any of those teams.

Yes. It is concerning. Again, he isn't getting much playing time as a loanee, so it's hard to make an impact. Maybe he needs a permanent move. I'm not sure MLS would be best, though. Would prefer seeing him stay in Europe. 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Anyone else getting a bit concerned with the lack of progress by Theo? Wolves have loaned him out a number of times now but he has not established himself as a starter at any of those teams.

Was thinking about this with him and Smith

Probably needs to leave Wolves permanently this summer and have a team invest in him, loans can be tricky.  Would have personally liked to see him continue at Blackpool despite their position as he was getting very good minutes regardless if he was starting or not and to be fair showed he can play at that level albeit maybe not consistently.  

He's young and these are good learning experiences for our players, he'll figure it out.

28 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Probably needs to leave Wolves permanently this summer and have a team invest in him, loans can be tricky.  Would have personally liked to see him continue at Blackpool despite their position as he was getting very good minutes regardless if he was starting or not and to be fair showed he can play at that level albeit maybe not consistently.  

He's young and these are good learning experiences for our players, he'll figure it out.

At the very least he seems like he is a championship caliber player, at 20 that is very good. I don’t see why with minutes he can’t become an epl player.

I am concerned, because after about the first few weeks of the season, he was probably our third most inform player after David and (I assume) Davies- he’s still second in goals for Blackpool this year.

i have to wonder the rationale behind some of these moves. I get Blackpool has underwhelmed and this wasn’t expected of them, but you can’t expect a prospect whose biggest flaw is team play to thrive for a team that is threatened to get relegated to league one only to then send him to a team that is being threatened to get relegated to 3. Bundesliga. Neither of these clubs have an incentive to develop a player who isn’t theirs whose weaknesses are the very thing that could lose them points they need to stay afloat.

i almost wonder if the move was to keep him with Wolves and just give him garbage time minutes when they can. I get they’re very much also near the relegation zone, but I’m just not sure what Arminia could’ve sold wolves on in terms of development for Theo- they don’t need 20 year old works in progrès, they need guys who have spent a decade in the second Bundesliga who can steady the ship.

not sure how MLS would help him- my guess is his next few years look a lot like Liam Millar’s. Maybe Switzerland, Belgium, Portugal is the move from here on out.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I am concerned, because after about the first few weeks of the season, he was probably our third most inform player after David and (I assume) Davies- he’s still second in goals for Blackpool this year.

Charles-Andreas Brym was more inform than Theo.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

not sure how MLS would help him- my guess is his next few years look a lot like Liam Millar’s. Maybe Switzerland, Belgium, Portugal is the move from here on out.

Based on this, it's still a good career trajectory and we would still expect him to be in the national team.

29 minutes ago, Shway said:

Charles-Andreas Brym was more inform than Theo.

Based on this, it's still a good career trajectory and we would still expect him to be in the national team.

At the time, CAB was getting DNPs in Eredivisie, then got sent back to the second division which is a far lower level than the championship.

I haven't "given up on him" or anything, he's still a very talented player who at this rate is going to be an NT mainstay- I just saw his start at Blackpool and figured out that by this summer he'd be angling for a spot at Wolverhampton, and would be on his way to breaking into the premier league. I think that journey is going to take a bit longer than previously though.

I think the idea of an MLS move isn’t to find something that would be a short term solution or which should be viewed as a quick stepping stone.  Based on what we have seen at multiple clubs it seems like MLS might be a good level for his current abilities.  It is a very respectable league and, to me, it would be a positive development if he could demonstrate sustained impact and an ability to play there consistently.   That isn’t a means to an end - for a guy who has bounced around a lot it would be the objective to solidify a starting spot at that level.  If, after a couple of years, he got a transfer to the next level, then it would be good for all involved.  But aside from having an affiliation with an EPL team (that clearly doesn’t see him as ready for that level) there is very little to suggest that MLS would be beneath him.  

If some other European move comes along that is equal to or better than MLS, then so be it.  But if that doesn’t happen, a move to MLS would be better than fighting for scrap minutes at loaner clubs that have little to gain by investing in his development.  

59 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Who’s the last Europe-based player who took a detour to MLS before returning back to Europe? Legitimately asking since I can’t think of any. I know Puig with Galaxy is trying to follow this path right now though.

I think you need to be a bit more specific or you’re going to have too many results I.e. Defoe, Benezet.