Theo Corbeanu

jordan

5 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I get what you mean. But there is abit of difference. Theo has played way more games, than Josh did. Also Theo has played international games with Romania.  He’s  18 year old and playing starting mins vs U23 and kicking ass ! Also he played really well in U18 league. 27 games 5 goals as a winger. 

So he’s a direct comparison to Millar essentially - other than he hasn’t played ANY professional games.

But I hear ya, on that Millar merit he should get a call up. I just don’t agree with it.  

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

So he’s a direct comparison to Millar essentially - other than he hasn’t played ANY professional games.

But I hear ya, on that Millar merit he should get a call up. I just don’t agree with it.  

I think so, maybe alittle head/more options because Wolves might take a chance on him faster than Liverpool took with Millar. 

In my view Theo ( battle for a spot) and Millar should be part of the U23 team as Captain and It should be Millar’s coming out party! 

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

The CSA hiring Herman’s  fat ass clown amateur friend to coach the youth teams doesn’t help and show we are taking our youth teams seriously! Also having a MLS Academy quota for youth teams doesn’t help either. Look at Ben Paton the guy has been a solid player for Blackburn and doesn’t  get invite ! 20 year old has played over 40 games. Not even called. Well both Paton brother’s have been screwed pretty hard. there was a bunch of European based players got looked over in the past. 

What youth coach are you talking about?

7 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I don't love Olivieri but he did get the U17s to the WC. Not taking Pepple though when he was the only professional was a disgrace.

The U17s got to the WC because they had some exceptionally talented players. Olivieri's tactics were very poor through Concacaf qualifying...it was the individual play of Jayden, Kamron, Rowe and a few others that got them to Brazil. If I recall, Olivieri  was also in charge of our U20 qualifying and that was a disaster. The CSA really need to upgrade the positon

3 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

The U17s got to the WC because they had some exceptionally talented players. Olivieri's tactics were very poor through Concacaf qualifying...it was the individual play of Jayden, Kamron, Rowe and a few others that got them to Brazil. If I recall, Olivieri  was also in charge of our U20 qualifying and that was a disaster. The CSA really need to upgrade the positon

Literally this.

The mans tactics was like a rep soccer coach who has a great player. Let’s get the ball to Jayden and he’ll make things happen.

Brazil came into the game knowing that and literally sent three guys at him to close him down. After that, there was no other game plan.

44 minutes ago, RS said:

Olivieri may suck as a coach, but there’s definitely some strange vitriol coming from @SpecialK about him, almost like it’s personal. 

No it’s not personal, I don’t even personally know him. But I hate what he is ! He has no business coaching a national team. He got there because of he’s herdman’s friend. We had the talent to go to the youth World Cup  and it was ugly. These players need these Tournaments. The program needs these tournaments. And the CSA treat our youth program like it’s a joke. The U17 team is the All-Star Canadian MLS Academies team and the U20 well it was just wasted. Shit like this really pisses me off! We have young players in Europe who get forgotten or ignored and they run to other countries, why because they know we suck in the youth. Well that needs to change. We have European and MLS pro Canadian coaches out there, there’s no excuse for that clown! And I’m tired of it! It boggles my mind why you guys are not. That guy should be ran out of town ! If this was Italy or a big boy football country that guy would be shot or dragged in the streets or harassed to the point where he has to go into hiding. 

there is NO standards by or for the CSA. The Canadian fans and media do not hold anyone accountable. We just toss it up as oh well next year or it’s Canada what do you expect. After that loss and not making to the U20 World Cup, nobody ask herdman why was he put in charge? Are you going to fire him? Where does the buck stop ? 

someone please tell me I’m wrong here 

Edited by SpecialK

14 hours ago, Colliedor said:

With the way the u15 team looked in the concacaf competition, was hoping Eric Tenllado would be considered to work with other youth teams.

He certainly has the qualifications. In addition to a UEFA A licence check out his linkedin page below. He played high level youth soccer in Spain.

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/eric-tenllado-4b7762123

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Very curious to know how close he is to the first team. Tried to find some chat on him in the wolves forums, but to no avail.

Well, he actually scored his penalty in the EFL Trophy game last week.

Probably worth a cap from Canada on that alone. 

More seriously, he played in that cup game in a side that had over-agers Bennett and Ruddy and has started and had decent minutes in all 5 under23/21 games this season, at age 18. Might not be knocking on the door of the first team (plays either where Jimenez or Adama Taore do, it looks like) but progressing really well. They are actually a small squad up front from what I remember (Jota and Helder Costa are gone and they let that Italian they bought go on loan). They were really lucky with few injuries the last couple of campaigns but don't actually start with wingers most of the time which seems to be his natural position.

And if they continue to do as badly as they did against us, you never know who gets chances (could not resist that dig, we have to take our joy when it comes these days).

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford