Theo Corbeanu

jordan

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

So is the "U23's" a bit of a misnomer? The guy who scored that first goal for Crystal Palace is a 29 year old former Belgian international.

It is similar to Olympic rules. As has been noted. 

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

It’s not a reserve squad...

Coincidently, I went through those leagues/divisions in a post today about possible new player inclusions (and their teams) in the November Friendlies thread.  I did not mentioned Liverpool as I thought it went without saying that they were in Premier League 2 Division 1. But to be fair, it is not a given.  

His game live on Youtube if you are so inclined.

About 30 minutes in 

Watch a fair bit of this.  Similar to what I have seen before. Stronger and faster than most at that level, carries the ball very and has a bit of trickery to go past people.  Needs to be smarter off the ball and his final ball needed work today. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Only caught last 30' or so of his game today.  

That bit was similar to last game, very involved, carries the ball a lot, always direct and positive.  Needs to work on awareness and decisions. 

They were trailing one-nil.  Got hit on the break after having most of the ball.  But then got a strange penalty.  Ended 2-1 for their hosts Sunderland. 

Gets a couple mentions in the match report for the Wolves u21's 1-2 win against Doncaster in the EFL Trophy group stage.  The win advances them- in second place - to the knockout stage.  His strike partner, who scored both for them, was bought for £36.00m this summer.  Decent company. 

https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/under-23/20201110-report-doncaster-1-2-wolves-u21s/

Highlights of the above.  

Just highlights but in there beating professional footballers one on one with pace and power multiple times.  The Fabio Silva show, for good reason, but Corbeanu made his first and should have got the ball (back) from him a couple times.   

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Gosh, his power is something else. Love to see a big man with silky feet not forget that he's a big man and use all the tools in his tool box.

But that Fabio Silva kid... whew lad

ETA: Read through a Wolves forum where they watched the match, many people very impressed with Corbeanu. Some said he was MOTM, one said he should start getting first team minutes, and one said he has been their best u23 player this year. The more I see this guy the more excited I get. I think playing in the Premier League this season is too soon, but hopefully he is in the mix for Wolves next preseason.

39 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Gosh, his power is something else. Love to see a big man with silky feet not forget that he's a big man and use all the tools in his tool box.

But that Fabio Silva kid... whew lad

ETA: Read through a Wolves forum where they watched the match, many people very impressed with Corbeanu. Some said he was MOTM, one said he should start getting first team minutes, and one said he has been their best u23 player this year. The more I see this guy the more excited I get. I think playing in the Premier League this season is too soon, but hopefully he is in the mix for Wolves next preseason.

Wow, he seems pretty unanimously loved over there. I didn't know he had legit premier league potential, that's great to hear!

The comments about him sound very promising. I hope he can break through to the first team sometime this year. Hard for me to get too excited until he does.

Not that I am complaining, but I wonder why he filed his one-time switch so early. It is a little unusual.  

49 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Not that I am complaining, but I wonder why he filed his one-time switch so early. It is a little unusual.

Olympic qualifying was supposed to take place months ago (and the actual Olympics). That may have influenced him.

21 hours ago, RS said:

Olympic qualifying was supposed to take place months ago (and the actual Olympics). That may have influenced him.

As things stand he shouldn't be on the U23 team. He's not even playing pro footy yet. He should be with the U20s, which do have qualifying this year also

58 minutes ago, VinceA said:

As things stand he shouldn't be on the U23 team. He's not even playing pro footy yet. He should be with the U20s, which do have qualifying this year also

It sounds like he might be getting a loan very soon though, and it might be to a decent level. Regardless, he's matching Liam Millar, who has 8 senior caps. I think you have to take more into consideration than just where a player a player is plying their trade. He seems like quite a promising prospect

28 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Some people in the forums thought he was good enough for Championship, but maybe that's too optimistic. I guess we'll see.

All I know is, people rate him a lot higher than I realized.

Anywhere that he gets playing time would be good. I’d be happy with League One for the last half of the year. Then maybe Championship next season if the first loan goes well.