Theo Corbeanu

jordan

Great interview, some good points in there.

he promotes the Can PL, he’s a part of Giovinco’s generation, youd better believe there’s other kids lying around Toronto who were inspired and are on their way.

mentions what we all know in that Canada youth scouting is shit, and that we lose guys because we only look to MLS to form our youth teams. 

Davies and David attracted him to the program, I’m sure Estaquio will be mentioned in that mix shortly.

says more talent is coming and it could be a regular thing and I think he’s right.

there are more kids coming and the next Davies is surely not too far away heck we might have it in Marshall Rutty or Habibbulah.

the talk of having a pathway and how it helps is huge, he basically talked about how he got lucky and he’s right. 

At this point I'm glad we got him out of all the dual nationals recently mentioned (other than maybe Kadioglu but he always was considered a longshot), it would be amazing if he even got a sub appearance for Wolves this year.

A couple of years ago I thought were gonna be stacked on the wings but with Tabla not making progress, Davies playing more at LB, Hoilett probably done at the PL level, I wasn't feeling as confident recently. Now I'm getting excited again. Hopefully Millar can go on loan next year as well.

1 hour ago, Bdog said:

A couple of years ago I thought were gonna be stacked on the wings but with Tabla not making progress, Davies playing more at LB, Hoilett probably done at the PL level, I wasn't feeling as confident recently. Now I'm getting excited again. Hopefully Millar can go on loan next year as well.

Based on their current role with their clubs, we could field a lineup with Larin at LW and Piette at RW! What more could you ask for?

But seriously, Tajon has been playing well and Harry Paton may be an also be an option (I remember him being a central-mid in the Canada youth teams but based on his game highlights it looks like they may be playing him out wide).

In the pipeline we have Nelson, Marshall-Rutty and Raposo all getting minutes in MLS this season. There's also Ben Paton in the EPL2 and I'm sure some young CPL player(s) I'm overlooking. We could have some decent depth in a couple of years and a few of them, including Corbeanu, have real star potential.

Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the Larin/Piette combo for 45 minutes in a friendly. I'm sure it'd be entertaining.

1 hour ago, jordan said:

Playing against Boro now 

Audio commentary https://tv.wolves.co.uk/live 

On youtube again as well:

Bad news 0-2 down.

Edit: Finishes 1-4.  Made a couple chances in the second half but his team were generally not at the races. 

15 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Great interview, some good points in there...

In addition to the great things you highlighted, I appreciated his understanding of his strengths and weaknesses.  And his willingness to work on the latter.  

In the few games I have been able to watch online, he knows he can beat his man at this level with strength and power but does need to work on his shooting and heading. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Before I get too emotionally invested in this guy. I just want to confirm that this guy is 100% only able to play for us? Is there any chance that he can change his mind? If Romania calls him tomorrow and promises him a guaranteed starting position is he able to play for them?

pretty sure he already submitted a one time switch. Don't quote me though. But I'm personally not worried about him defecting.

5 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Before I get too emotionally invested in this guy. I just want to confirm that this guy is 100% only able to play for us? Is there any chance that he can change his mind? If Romania calls him tomorrow and promises him a guaranteed starting position is he able to play for them?

To a guy who actually met OH in, literally, his backyard some years back, I 100% get this.

32 minutes ago, nolando said:

To a guy who actually met OH in, literally, his backyard some years back, I 100% get this.

Now there is a story that needs telling.  Dont leave out any details...his smell, the color oooze he left on the grass when he slithered around.  Did he have the outrageous accent in person?