Theo Corbeanu

jordan

Liverpool has just scooped up Diego Jota from Wolves. I think Wolves paid stupid money last week for another young Portuguese, who's the most likely beneficiary of the big minutes Jota's departure has opened up. However, this just might provide an opportunity for Theo to kick start his first-team career.

Liam Millar is a good player. He’s just in a tough spot, Liverpool is just a beast and has talent pouring out everywhere. Also they can buy whoever they want. Millar needs games vs men. I don’t understand why a team like Vancouver doesn’t get him on loan and play attacking football and show what he can do. 
Theo looks like he’s the real deal! 18 years old playing U23 and kicking ass! Man Canada should be getting him in Camp quick! He should be named to the  U20 and U23 team right away! Omg Nelson on the Left, Theo on the right and Perruzza in the centre, that U20 team could be scary !!! 

Edited by SpecialK

5 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

i like liam millar a lot but this guy seems like a better prospect and way more likely to play for the first team. I guess once we cap him there will be more discussion about him. 

I still think he’s should be in the U23 conversation. Like I’ve said before, we can’t solely pick guys based on potential or what big club they are at. Or else a guy like Joshua Doughty should have senior caps long time ago - but look where he is now.

We have a lot of guys performing and playing first team ball, who simply deserve a look first. 

Just now, cronaldo7 said:

We’ve heard that before... 😳

Lets make sure we cap him first chance we get. 

New rules means “capping him” doesn’t mean anything, unless he’s called up at the GC. He just needs to be blooded into the setup, made to feel like that come 2026 he’ll be a legit option. 
And who better to say the right things to the young lad then John Herdman himself?

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

New rules means “capping him” doesn’t mean anything, unless he’s called up at the GC. He just needs to be blooded into the setup, made to feel like that come 2026 he’ll be a legit option. 
And who better to say the right things to the young lad then John Herdman himself?

The new rules passed? And what do they entail again? A player has to play at least three official FIFA games before they are cap tied?

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

I totally agree. But that can be super easy. Make him feel like he’s a part of something bigger. Like Canada is going somewhere. U20 youth world cups , Olympics, 2022 and 2026 world cups. CSA needs to to take youth teams seriously and I worry they really don’t. 

Looks like it has passed according to this link:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/steveprice/2020/09/19/fifa-eligibility-rule-change-offers-world-cup-hopes-for-one-cap-wonders/amp/

6 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Before they turn 21 right ? 

It appears to be the case and the no more than three matches includes friendlies so if a player is really promising, three friendlies should be set up before the fourth official cap tying match.

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Again with the new rules the CSA better treat and take young talented players and competitions seriously. Players needs to need to feel like they apart of something special and they are gonna have a real chance to play in high level competitions and against the best. 

People can say what they want about Herdman but it appears he at least does this well. Not saying he's not a good coach mind you. 

10 minutes ago, Macksam said:

People can say what they want about Herdman but it appears he at least does this well. Not saying he's not a good coach mind you. 

The CSA hiring Herman’s  fat ass clown amateur friend to coach the youth teams doesn’t help and show we are taking our youth teams seriously! Also having a MLS Academy quota for youth teams doesn’t help either. Look at Ben Paton the guy has been a solid player for Blackburn and doesn’t  get invite ! 20 year old has played over 40 games. Not even called. Well both Paton brother’s have been screwed pretty hard. there was a bunch of European based players got looked over in the past. 

Edited by SpecialK

38 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

He’s way ahead of Josh. Also Josh kinda screwed himself because he left soccer for a while. 

I wasn’t even considering Doughty. Just alluding to the fact that he was unfortunate to not get any senior MNT caps when he was at Manchester United U18/U23, like Liam....but now he’s playing PDL. That’s to suggest being at a big club playing youth ball means nothing.

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

I wasn’t even considering Doughty. Just alluding to the fact that he was unfortunate to not get any senior MNT caps when he was at Manchester United U18/U23, like Liam....but now he’s playing PDL. That’s to suggest being at a big club playing youth ball means nothing.

I get what you mean. But there is abit of difference. Theo has played way more games, than Josh did. Also Theo has played international games with Romania.  He’s  18 year old and playing starting mins vs U23 and kicking ass ! Also he played really well in U18 league. 27 games 5 goals as a winger. 

Edited by SpecialK