USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

Herdman has called Henry his best defender and has said many times Henry is in the leadership group of the team.  For better or worse, you gotta think Henry will play. 

Vitoria plays as the left CB at his club.  Henry plays on the right with the 'Caps.  It's fine. 

Cornelius is the most likely to sit. 

2 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Kaye or Piette, but the way Piette played against the states, there is no way Herdman would take him out of the lineup. Now if Kaye has a playoff run to remember with LAFC, then maybe Herdman goes back to Kaye. But honestly, every time Atiba plays in a big match for Canada, he’s always been money for me. 

the good need is we only need to wait 2-3 weeks  to find out if Atiba is in the 23

Which mid do you see us dropping from the 23 man? Maybe Teibert? Given frasers performance, i dont see how you drop him. Johnson is probably out as well. 

Also i wonder what happens if Larin bags a couple goals btw now and roster selection. 

7 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Herdman has called Henry his best defender and has said many times Henry is in the leadership group of the team.  For better or worse, you gotta think Henry will play. 

Vitoria plays as the left CB at his club.  Henry plays on the right with the 'Caps.  It's fine. 

Cornelius is the most likely to sit. 

Thats tough on Cornelius given he hasnt done anything to lose his starting job, but between him and Vitoria, im probably dropping cornelius. Also Vitoria will be in mid season where Cornelius will have gone a month without a game. 

This post just got me thinking, wow Menjrekar James has really fallen off our radar. When his club gave him the opportunity to leave, maybe he should have taken it. 

23 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm in. Flights booked.  @JamboAl is booked.  @trc2014 is booked. @sstackho is in. @flexfox is in.

@admin have you booked? Can we bring the V's banner?

Role call:

@Acid-Tone  & @Cblake have booked I think....

@apbsmith ?

@hamiltonfan ?

@Califax ?

Nice meeting you for 30 seconds post game. Props to your display pic.

I'm 50/50 still sorting it out with wife + work. I won't need accommodations, have a longtime buddy (Canadian who now works in Tampa), plan is to fly into Tampa and stay with him. Will know in next 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Not good for Henry. Doneil didn't play in the only game between the teams this year, but in 2018 he had it rough in all three games they met.

Aug. 8 (V Cup): Henry scores an own goal at 90+6' to give TFC a 2-2 draw in Vancouver.

Aug. 15 (V Cup): Henry goes 90 against Altidore in second leg of the final. Altidore scores a hat trick in a 5-2 win (7-4 agg) for TFC.

Oct. 6 (MLS): Henry's handball in the box results in Altidore PK goal.

@RSThanks for that!  It's worse than i thought.  Herdman has a tough decision there.  Either way, I'd go with three at the back playing the US on the road.  If one CB gets suckered into a yellow,  you can still compensate and cover without having to put on the white gloves.

From every single interview where Herdman mentions our great young core he groups Cornelius in with the bunch and almost always specifically takes time to note him. Also someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Cornelius has started basically every game since Herdman took over. He clearly rates him and he's also a left footed defender. If Herdman is looking toward the future and he wants to keep continuity within the squad I think Cornelius will start.

Although it will be a tough choice I, like many here were I'm sure, was very concerned when the lineup came out on Tuesday but we were all proven wrong and for the time being I have the confidence that whoever John chooses to play will be the right choice. 3 at the back would honestly be a nice idea. 

Just waiting on a code or link from them.  I might have to do the tickets, but there is zero chance rando's from Florida are going to buy them from me so I would rather not do that.  

• Currently there are 50 tickets on hold (however, we can make this bigger if we need it)
  • The tickets are located in Section 138  (Exploria Field)
  • The tickets will cost $29 USD each
  • The tickets will all be mobile tickets
  • US Soccer has set a deadline of November 4th

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I hope this isn't true. I like to have a print out just in case, especially in the USA where I may not have data.

Take a photo of the ticket (QR CODE) and show the photo at the entrance.  Or I’ll have them scan my US phone.

Edited by JamboAl

42 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Take a photo of the ticket (QR CODE) and show the photo at the entrance.  Or I’ll have them scan my US phone.

Taking a photo doesnt work for many mobile tickets now. The barcode regenerates every minute. 

but if its on the ticketmaster app, you just open the ticket once with data, and in the future it is saved regardless of if you have data when entering the stadium. 

Edited by king1010

On 10/17/2019 at 5:39 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm in. Flights booked.  @JamboAl is booked.  @trc2014 is booked. @sstackho is in. @flexfox is in.

Role call:

@apbsmith ?

@hamiltonfan ?

@Califax ?

I just booked!  Looking forward to the game and meeting all of you.

I wonder if Cavallini starts the game in Orlando. The US will likely come out guns'a'blazing and having a forward who can hold up and allow Canada to gain field position or relieve pressure could be beneficial. Plus he's a super hard worker and scores like crazy for the Nats.

Personally I would put Davies on the wing, have Cavallini lead the line with David withdrawn just behind him. I know Davies did well as a striker, but I think wing play will be more important in the away tie.

16 hours ago, admin said:

Just waiting on a code or link from them.  I might have to do the tickets, but there is zero chance rando's from Florida are going to buy them from me so I would rather not do that.  

• Currently there are 50 tickets on hold (however, we can make this bigger if we need it)
  • The tickets are located in Section 138  (Exploria Field)
  • The tickets will cost $29 USD each
  • The tickets will all be mobile tickets
  • US Soccer has set a deadline of November 4th

I would point out to whomever you are dealing with at the USSF in regards to the deadline that the CSA did not turn off the American Outlaws link for tickets in Toronto until two days before the match. 

8 hours ago, Cblake said:

I would point out to whomever you are dealing with at the USSF in regards to the deadline that the CSA did not turn off the American Outlaws link for tickets in Toronto until two days before the match. 

Yeah, I was thinking about that myself that the date seemed early.  

On 10/17/2019 at 8:39 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Role call:

@apbsmith ?

@hamiltonfan ?

@Califax ?

Gotta sort out vaca. I'm legit 50 /50 right now.

I'm concerned that some of our important players will not be doing much between now and Nov 15.  

Henry, Cornelius, Piette, Miller, Teibert, Crepeau.

I wonder if a 'Pre-Camp' the week prior to our real camp starting will be considered to keep everyone in training. Call in our best MLS and CPL players to make up the numbers.  Perhaps an out of window or closed door friendly could be scheduled.  

F: Akindele, Ricketts, Bair, Campbell, Borges, Petrasso

M: Piette, Teibert, Shome, Verhoeven, Adekugbe, Camargo

D: Henry, Cornelius, Miller, ZBG, Didic, Zator

K: Crepeau, Carducci 

With Kaye, Osorio, Laryea and Fraser showing up when available.

4 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

I'm concerned that some of our important players will not be doing much between now and Nov 15.  

Henry, Cornelius, Piette, Miller, Teibert, Crepeau.

I wonder if a 'Pre-Camp' the week prior to our real camp starting will be considered to keep everyone in training. Call in our best MLS and CPL players to make up the numbers.  Perhaps an out of window or closed door friendly could be scheduled.  

F: Akindele, Ricketts, Bair, Campbell, Borges, Petrasso

M: Piette, Teibert, Shome, Verhoeven, Adekugbe, Camargo

D: Henry, Cornelius, Miller, ZBG, Didic, Zator

K: Crepeau, Carducci 

With Kaye, Osorio, Laryea and Fraser showing up when available.

Marc Dos Santos said in an interview that the whitecaps are training until the end of October like Columbus, Chicago, and Cincinnati. So that should help to keep Henry, Cornelius, Teibert and Crepeau in some what decent shape for the match. Since MDS mentioned those other three teams I would probably bet that the other non playoff teams are doing the same so Piette and Miller might be decent shape as well

2 hours ago, Jonny19 said:

Marc Dos Santos said in an interview that the whitecaps are training until the end of October like Columbus, Chicago, and Cincinnati. So that should help to keep Henry, Cornelius, Teibert and Crepeau in some what decent shape for the match. Since MDS mentioned those other three teams I would probably bet that the other non playoff teams are doing the same so Piette and Miller might be decent shape as well

To add to this i'd like to think that Herdman and the staff in the days leading up to the game in camp would be able to identify who is in game shape and start players accordingly. As far as i'm concerned if you look terrible in training it rarely bodes well for an actual game

On 10/19/2019 at 8:22 PM, Bertuzzi44 said:

I wonder if Cavallini starts the game in Orlando. The US will likely come out guns'a'blazing and having a forward who can hold up and allow Canada to gain field position or relieve pressure could be beneficial. Plus he's a super hard worker and scores like crazy for the Nats.

Personally I would put Davies on the wing, have Cavallini lead the line with David withdrawn just behind him. I know Davies did well as a striker, but I think wing play will be more important in the away tie.

Me too.  If we didn't start our best 9 at home, i'd be surprised to see him start on the road.  Perhaps come on if we're trailing.  At the same time... Herdman likes to surprise.  He's anything but conventional.

Fuck sakes.

They are refusing to make a code or link for us, and will only do a group purchase.

Which means no one from Florida will buy tickets (not from some random dude online via PayPal)

The last fucking thing I want to do is ticketing, via an app, in another country.  

Anyway.  I'll have something up this afternoon. 

Fuck