USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

10 hours ago, Floortom said:

Dest committed to the US today. Will likely be cap tied against us in November. 

Hold on, maybe he's just participating in the camp.  We've seen this before, if he doesn't touch the field he doesn't get capped.  Perhaps his goal is to make the Dutch sweat a little and get their shit straight?  Just a few weeks ago he said he wanted to play for Holland and was disappointed at not getting a call up.  Perhaps it pissed him off, but i still think just shows up but doesn't play.  Hoping!

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Hold on, maybe he's just participating in the camp.  We've seen this before, if he doesn't touch the field he doesn't get capped.  Perhaps his goal is to make the Dutch sweat a little and get their **** straight?  Just a few weeks ago he said he wanted to play for Holland and was disappointed at not getting a call up.  Perhaps it pissed him off, but i still think just shows up but doesn't play.  Hoping!

Dest chose the USA:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2019/10/28/sergino-dest-decision-usa-netherlands-berhalter-stewart

6 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm thinking Atiba instead of MAK. Here's a chance to give Hutch a proper send off. 

Tbh it wouldn’t be a proper send off, it would be in front of the Americans. And realistically if we won this game and he was in it, it wouldn’t be his last considering we’d be playing in the Semi finals

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I'm thinking Atiba instead of MAK. Here's a chance to give Hutch a proper send off. 

Proper send of would be a friendly at home in Toronto against Turkey, Denmark or Netherlands IMO.

Having said that, his recent performances show he could potentially be in the starting lineup on merit. 

Our mid is crowded tho. Tough to drop guys. It got even more crowded with Frasers performance and addition of Eustaquio. 

Edited by king1010

38 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

Piette.

With all due respect, you're an idiot. 

Or perhaps I should be more diplomatic and say: this here is an idiotic take. 

Piette was the MOTM in the last game, and our recent games without him in the lineup have been the ones where we look more frail defensively.  He deserves to be one of the first names on the team sheet, especially on the road.   

He's not a flashy or always eye-catching performer, but what he does is allow everyone else to do their job with a little more comfort and piece of mind knowing that he's patrolling the middle of the field.

3 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

With all due respect, you're an idiot. 

Harsh. 

I'd consider Kaye over Piette as Kaye may be playing competitive games up to the FIFA break. whoever is sharper in training gets the start.

As stated above, Herdman trusts them all. We have 4 great mids in their primes, Hutch and Johnson are vets who can still get the job done who may get pushed out sooner than later by the young guns Eustaquio and Fraser. Teibert and Wotherspoon are in the mix as well. Depth is real.

35 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

No Kaye I meant same starting midfield. As good as Fraser was Kaye is still the better player and I’d want him starting. 

So Piette gets the start over Atiba because of how good he played last game, but MAK gets the start over Fraser despite how well Fraser played because he is a better player. Does this mean you don’t think Atiba is a better player than Piette?

In my opinion Arfield, Osorio, Piette, Hutch, MAK, Atiba, and possibly Eustaquio (I haven’t watched him play, so I don’t know). Any of them can start and it’s not idiotic. They are all great players. Herdman can choose based on tactics, fitness, sharpness, and any combination of those, whatever he thinks is appropriate.

4 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Even if Atiba comes I can’t see him starting with how solid the midfield was last time.

So who will be our left-backs and our right-backs this time?

We can stick with Miller and Laryea or we can put Kaye at left back just to put Hutch in the midfield. Based on current form, Laryea seems likely to be our starting right-back. Miller hasn't been playing because Orlando's season is over, but he will feel comfortable on that pitch.

Who is our backup left-back? Do we call Sam Adekugbe? (who is not playing enough) or do we call Ashtone Morgan? (who is not playing at all) Somebody else?

Who is our backup right-back? Juan Córdova who is not playing (due to the ongoing protests and unrest in Chile) or do we call Zachary Brault-Guillard who is not playing because his season is done? OR do we bring back Marcus Godinho, who is acutally getting playing time - at a similar level to many games Davies has been getting. (funnily enough, when FSV Zwickau played Bayern II, of course that is the time Davies gets plays with the first team).

Tesho Akindele and Will Johnson will also likely be at camp because they are Orlando players.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

They say these kind of selection headaches are a nice problem to have - and I get that - but it sucks having to potentially leave some quality guys in the bench. The fact that we would have to sit one of Piette, Kaye or Hutch if they are all to play their preferred position is crazy.  Hell, the idea that we would even seriously consider sitting a healthy Hutch is nuts, and yet it isn’t out of the realm of possibility.  Strange days...