USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

1 hour ago, admin said:

**** sakes.

They are refusing to make a code or link for us, and will only do a group purchase.

Which means no one from Florida will buy tickets (not from some random dude online via PayPal)

The last ******* thing I want to do is ticketing, via an app, in another country.  

Anyway.  I'll have something up this afternoon. 

Can we just buy individual tickets in Section 10 instead?  $30 USD.  Rows F to K are all available.  

36 minutes ago, Edwin said:

Can we just buy individual tickets in Section 10 instead?  $30 USD.  Rows F to K are all available.  

No, this will work.

I am just being pissy about it. Over it now.

We want a section designated so we can ... be us and it will have security.

7 minutes ago, admin said:

No, this will work.

So we should just buy from that section on ticketmaster?  Section 10 - rows F to K?

4 minutes ago, admin said:

No, this will work.

Sounds good Jamie.  I just wanted to make it easier and less work for you.  

33 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

So we should just buy from that section on ticketmaster?  Section 10 - rows F to K?

No.  Wait for Jaime to set up the section with the CSA.  It's always better to have an officially recognized section. 

If the home security or fans cause problems with an officially recognized section, formal complaints can be made through the federations.  Conversely, if official away sections cause problems, the corresponding federation can be subject to formal complaints and in extreme cases sanctions can be imposed by FIFA for the actions of supporters.

When it's an official section, the Voyageurs are truly a part of the team.    

1 hour ago, BrennanFan said:

No.  Wait for Jaime to set up the section with the CSA.  It's always better to have an officially recognized section. 

If the home security or fans cause problems with an officially recognized section, formal complaints can be made through the federations.  Conversely, if official away sections cause problems, the corresponding federation can be subject to formal complaints and in extreme cases sanctions can be imposed by FIFA for the actions of supporters.

Ya, it was a mistake for them not to do this for us in San Pedro Sula; if we had won, it could have been dangerous even.

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Sorry, when Jaime wrote ‘no, this will work’. I thought ‘this’ was the ticketmaster option.  Misread it.

1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Were you unsegregated in the match vs Honduras

Yup!

In fact that's my profile pic. The 3 of us V's that traveled down.

It was taken by Kurt Larson, looking back up at the media section behind us (where he was sitting with Gavin Day).

We were in the high priced seats with the "quieter" folks and upper middle class families, including some kids. We still got some verbal abuse when Canada scored first - and doused with beer. To be fair, everyone got showered in beer again when Honduras scored! ;) 

Lots of riot police in the stadium. Overcrowded stairwells and too few exits. Fun times!

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yup!

In fact that's my profile pic. The 3 of us V's that traveled down.

It was taken by Kurt Larson, looking back up at the media section behind us (where he was sitting with Gavin Day).

We were in the high priced seats with the "quieter" folks and upper middle class families, including some kids. We still got some verbal abuse when Canada scored first - and doused with beer. To be fair, everyone got showered in beer again when Honduras scored! ;) 

Lots of riot police in the stadium. Overcrowded stairwells and too few exits. Fun times!

Crazy. What an experience you guys had! 

Watching that video I realized a few things:

1. Is it wise for players to experience an intimidating atmosphere before the game?
2. 4 of the starting XI are not in today's 23 (Edgar, James, De Jong, Jakovic). 1 of the starting XI is barely in today's 23 (Akindele got subbed for Ricketts- crazy). And 2 of the starting XI are rotational today (Hutch/Larin).
3. I can't wait to go back to SPS with todays team and fućking win...(and by wait to go back, I don't mean myself :) )

12 hours ago, Shway said:

Crazy. What an experience you guys had! 

Watching that video I realized a few things:

1. Is it wise for players to experience an intimidating atmosphere before the game?
2. 4 of the starting XI are not in today's 23 (Edgar, James, De Jong, Jakovic). 1 of the starting XI is barely in today's 23 (Akindele got subbed for Ricketts- crazy). And 2 of the starting XI are rotational today (Hutch/Larin).
3. I can't wait to go back to SPS with todays team and fućking win...(and by wait to go back, I don't mean myself :) )

Well you would think that if it had an effect on them, it would be most prevalent early on in the game. They didn't come out scared though, we actually grabbed the lead in the first half. I did have the same thought while watching the video though. I'm sure it would feed the crowd to see the opposing team marveling at the support.

11 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

One wonders what may have happened if Johnson and Osorio were on the pitch that day, instead of excluded due to disagreements with the coaching staff.  Cavallini as well. 

We will never know. Maybe the team would have won. Or maybe the dressing room would have been fractured and we lose by more. Maybe Osorio doesn't learn whatever lesson Floro believed he needed to learn and become the player he is today. Or maybe we make it to the World Cup and the whole team becomes better.

It could have been a positive. It could have been a negative. We will never know.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:39 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm in. Flights booked.  @JamboAl is booked.  @trc2014 is booked. @sstackho is in. @flexfox is in.

@admin have you booked? Can we bring the V's banner?

Role call:

@Acid-Tone  & @Cblake have booked I think....

@apbsmith ?

@hamiltonfan ?

@Califax ?

So it looks like I will be making the trip. @Forever A Team might be joining me. Working on getting access to a 3 bedroom time share at a resort in Kissimmee, 40 minute drive from the stadium. Has 5 beds and sleeps 8 people. Would be totally open to turning this into a Voyageur's room. Looking at Thursday and Friday night. Shoot me a message whoever is interested.

@admin you are in...right?

38 minutes ago, masster said:

So it looks like I will be making the trip. @Forever A Team might be joining me. Working on getting access to a 3 bedroom time share at a resort in Kissimmee, 40 minute drive from the stadium. Has 5 beds and sleeps 8 people. Would be totally open to turning this into a Voyageur's room. Looking at Thursday and Friday night. Shoot me a message whoever is interested.

@admin you are in...right?

Sure, what nights are you booking it for?