USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

Just now, admin said:

CSA will have ticket / section info after this game for us. 

Perfect! Thanks.

@Acid-Tone seems to like the idea of a "Voyageurs Suite". Anybody else in?

@JamboAl we can even book it at the Mariott if you're in; you can get your BonVoy points.

(If you want Alex,  I can put my card down for incidentals - in case someone goes a little too wild if we win haha)

43 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Perfect! Thanks.

@Acid-Tone seems to like the idea of a "Voyageurs Suite". Anybody else in?

@JamboAl we can even book it at the Mariott if you're in; you can get your BonVoy points.

(If you want Alex,  I can put my card down for incidentals - in case someone goes a little too wild if we win haha)

I’m going to be staying at the Orlando Marriott Downtown which isn’t far from the stadium.  

I’m not points hungry so will let you guys/gals(?) organize yourselves.

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

Does Cav's injury time goal potentially open up the possibility of us going through with a single goal lost in Orlando?

Yes. A 1-0 loss to the USA puts us at 9 pts and +8, with the USA being 6 pts and +6. So if they beat Cuba 1-0 we are through. If they win 2-0 they win the tiebreak (goals for). 

On 10/9/2019 at 6:11 PM, sstackho said:

There will also be parking available at the brewery.  i.e. it's a real tailgate - but with a brewery available to buy beer if you are so inclined.  I will update this thread when parking passes are being sold in advance. 

Parking passes are now available for purchase: 

https://www.facebook.com/events/944965389217305/?active_tab=discussion

Vitoria has to start next game. I would play him with Cornelius as he is generally way less noticeable in matches compared to Henry (which is good for a CB).

Also because Cornelius, Miller, Pierre and Henry won't play a competitive match between now and our next match. Osorio and Laryea could be in a similar situation after this weekend. By the time November comes around a backline of Layrea, Cornelius, Henry, and Miller could potentially have not played a game in almost a month. At least Vitoria will still be playing every week.

53 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Vitoria has to start next game. I would play him with Cornelius as he is generally way less noticeable in matches compared to Henry (which is good for a CB).

Also because Cornelius, Miller, Pierre and Henry won't play a competitive match between now and our next match. Osorio and Laryea could be in a similar situation after this weekend. By the time November comes around a backline of Layrea, Cornelius, Henry, and Miller could potentially have not played a game in almost a month. At least Vitoria will still be playing every week.

I agree Vitoria has locked down a starting spot. Is there time to play a friendly before the game? 

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Vitoria was very good - but I think Henry would be a better matchup against Altidore than Vitoria. Tough decision 

9 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Would Air BnB be the most economical sort of accommodations?  I am wondering if this is even remotely possible to do using Aeroplan points, Swoop, and selling my body.

I was looking in to the Aeroplan option. 

You can do Toronto - Orlando for 25,000 points and $141. You have to fly in on the Thursday though

31 minutes ago, narduch said:

I was looking in to the Aeroplan option. 

You can do Toronto - Orlando for 25,000 points and $141. You have to fly in on the Thursday though

Unfortunately I am traveling from PEI and there is no aeroplan return option until the middle of the week after.  Currently looking into a one way aeroplan ticket down (12,500 points + taxes/fees) and a normal return ticket - something in the $400 range. 

Will the out of season players be an issue for this match?  Orlando, Montreal and Vancouver have all finished their seasons.. meaning that Piette, Henry, Cornelius, Miller etc. have played their last game prior to November 15.  That's a month off (and even longer for Henry, who I wouldn't want starting in Orlando anyway).

So we have to hope that LAFC and TFC can move on in the playoffs to keep our guys match fit.  No issues with our other guys playing abroad and maybe the opportunity to bring in some guys like Larin, Hutchinson, James etc. who will be fit.  I also think that we may get a Cavalry/Forge player or two after the CPL final.  They'll be coming off competitive matches and hungry to be involved.  

It's all about finding that right mix to make sure our boys can bring it just as hard as they did Tuesday, with just as much motivation. 

Enjoying the American woes that are being reported a bit over here but we really have only done half a job, so far.

A loss would probably put us behind El Salvador and Curacao in the rankings and barring a Cuban miracle, we would have no more big point games before the deadline.

In the words of a voice of my generation

"Great kid, don't get cocky."

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Will the out of season players be an issue for this match?  Orlando, Montreal and Vancouver have all finished their seasons.. meaning that Piette, Henry, Cornelius, Miller etc. have played their last game prior to November 15.  That's a month off (and even longer for Henry, who I wouldn't want starting in Orlando anyway).

So we have to hope that LAFC and TFC can move on in the playoffs to keep our guys match fit.  No issues with our other guys playing abroad and maybe the opportunity to bring in some guys like Larin, Hutchinson, James etc. who will be fit.  I also think that we may get a Cavalry/Forge player or two after the CPL final.  They'll be coming off competitive matches and hungry to be involved.  

It's all about finding that right mix to make sure our boys can bring it just as hard as they did Tuesday, with just as much motivation. 

Wouldn't it be great if we saw these out of season player come together to train together. That would keep them match fit and also create even more familiarity between them.