The Road to Qatar.

Binky

8 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

The only thing that I would note in discussing the full squad is that we likely will (or certainly should) see one or two players emerge or get dropped simply due to form or simply being stuck on the bench with their clubs over the next couple of months, especially with the back ups.  Granted, a large number in this team are regulars with their clubs but I still think you need room for the "hot" player.  

💯

On 8/8/2021 at 9:31 PM, trc2014 said:

Per the broadcast - left knee strain.  If true and even mild this would be a 6 week recovery.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this, but silence on the Cava front, apart from a quick note they will re-asses over the next 24 hours post-game, concerns me that this is serious.

44 minutes ago, RS said:

Tuesday.

Is this for real? Do you have actual info? Do you know if they will be allowing group ticket sales? Last game at BMO field I got like 15 or 20 people to come with me, I'd like to do that again if possible. But I also don't want to sit around organizing it while tickets are on sale if there are going to be limited tickets sold. I need to figure things out!

32 minutes ago, Kent said:

Is this for real? Do you have actual info? Do you know if they will be allowing group ticket sales? Last game at BMO field I got like 15 or 20 people to come with me, I'd like to do that again if possible. But I also don't want to sit around organizing it while tickets are on sale if there are going to be limited tickets sold. I need to figure things out!

It's Monday at the earliest for Voyageurs tickets, but Tuesday has been mentioned. If buying with the Vs, check on Monday for sure. 

Group sales are trickier. Not sure if large blocks will be allowed through the Vs. It's best to keep your eyes on this thread.

If you're looking for the public sale, all that info will come from Canada Soccer via social media.

15 minutes ago, Kent said:

Yeah, I'm looking for the public sale rather than through the Voyageurs (no offense anyone!). I'll probably get an email or two about it, I just always get a bit nervous about it, even though I have never been to a sold out Canada game or failed to get a ticket to a Canada game I wanted.

The day that I struggle to get a ticket for a Canada game will be both awesome and infuriating. 

1 hour ago, jtpc said:

If anyone sees any Octagonal predictions from media or fans in other countries of what order they think the 8 countries will finish in, post them here. I'm curious to see how they've ranked the final 8 and where they've put us.

I can tell you ahead of time. Mexico and the States couldn't give a flying **** so you'll hear very little from them and the other five will put us at 6, 7 or 8.

5 hours ago, jtpc said:

If anyone sees any Octagonal predictions from media or fans in other countries of what order they think the 8 countries will finish in, post them here. I'm curious to see how they've ranked the final 8 and where they've put us.

An article I read in TheAthletic had 3 journalists make predictions (1 Canadian, 2 American)…

The Americans: Jeff Rueter had us 5th behind Honduras and Jamaica, Paul Tenorio had us 3rd.
Josh Kloke had us 3rd too.

47 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

I can't remember the thread but a Central American predictor made a YouTube video and had us 7th or 8th. With 1 point from the first 3 games.... 

Love how we can still play the underdog role!

There are going to be quite a few people with egg on their faces when these WC qualifications are done. If we don't experience any serious injuries to our top players we will finish top three. And I'd go out on a limb and say it's 50/50 we finish top 2. 

39 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

There are going to be quite a few people with egg on their faces when these WC qualifications are done. If we don't experience any serious injuries to our top players we will finish top three. And I'd go out on a limb and say it's 50/50 we finish top 2. 

Let's hope it's not us on this board!

6 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Quite a few from outside Canada, or quite a few Canadians.

That pretty well covers all the egg possibilities. 

6 hours ago, Sal333 said:

Usually it’s us with eggs on our faces. 

49 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Surprised by the slighting on Vitoria on this week’s podcast.  With the exception of the Haiti game, he had a very good Gold Cup and proved to me he should still be considered for a starting spot.

He had an okay tournament, but if your looking for an improvement to the squad it would be looking to replace both Vitoria and Henry. 

Those guys both picked up needless fouls due to the positions their abilities put them in. However tournament football is different from WCQ. I don't mind those yellow cards, considering rotation has to happen specifically for those guys.

34 minutes ago, Shway said:

He had an okay tournament, but if your looking for an improvement to the squad it would be looking to replace both Vitoria and Henry. 

Those guys both picked up needless fouls due to the positions their abilities put them in. However tournament football is different from WCQ. I don't mind those yellow cards, considering rotation has to happen specifically for those guys.

You agreed with the guys that Miller and Kennedy, two left footers, makes more sense than starting Vitoria if playing a back four?

• Admin locked this topic