The Road to Qatar.

Binky

We were discussing Jamaica on the other thread, probably should have been this one, but clubs will have a real grievances if their players must quarantine for 10 days after they arrive in the UK from Costa Rica (and Mexico).

That is the law without exemptions right now. 

Did I see a write-up here, in a Liverpool paper about something similar with their African players?

Edit: This isn't the one I was thinking of but this is more recent.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/23/liverpool-refuse-to-release-mohamed-salah-for-egypt-duty-over-quarantine-restrictions

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

14 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

Looks like you are starting to let Vitoria off the hook a bit 😆.

I think an overarching thing you are missing on the James discussion is that JH clearly doesn’t and never has rated him.  Will take mountains to move to have him back on the radar.

58 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I see some growing chatter that Antonio should be called into the England squad. Not sure how likely that is (although he definitely has a good argument based on his form) but could you imagine how crushing that would be for Jamaica ?! 

It's been around for a while.  If you read a West Ham site then England would have won the Euros if they had brought him instead of others. 

He was called in the past and did not play. 

I/we can hope but Southgate has been going with youth. 

3 hours ago, johnyb said:

This is great news 

A far better punishment is to have 90k Mexican watch their national team lose to Canada live and in person 

Edited by SpursFlu

3 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

This is great news 

A far better punishment is to have 90k Mexican watch their national team lose to Canada live and in person 

If Mexico gets off to a bad start in the game, the fans will benefit us.  Plus some athletes get off on being the enemy - let’s hope we have lots of those in our squad.

The biggest issue aside from the opponent is the altitude… fans or no fans, Mexico will be hosting this game in Azteca I’d assume.

3 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

If Mexico gets off to a bad start in the game, the fans will benefit us.  

When the ban was announced a lot of Mexican fans were pissed that they wouldn’t be able to attend but thought it would actually help the team for the very reason you mention.

Mexican fans are ruthless. If El Tri doesn’t come out and pound us early they will hear it from the fans.

• Admin locked this topic