World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place

Free kick

We don't know yet. 

As far as I know, we will find out Wednesday Aug 4th

This is ALL to do with the federal gov covid regulations.  Yes MLS, MLB ect... are playing games but they are putting very expensive measures in place and function in a different way than the national teams do.  With the national teams the teams themselves will come from multiple countries with the players themselves coming from even more countries all in a short time.  So, they have to work that out.

EDIT 03/08/2021:  DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL PLANS BASED ON POSTS IN THIS THREAD. WAIT

If you want to get tickets to World Cup Qualifying at BMO or BC Place, you will need a Voyageurs membership. 

Membership was introduced as a long term plan going into 2026 but before we knew there would be covid restrictions in the stadiums which reduced our ticket inventory significantly.

Priority access will be given to members, and it is likely ticket sales totals will be limited to either 2 or 4 tickets per member depending on restrictions. 

We do not currently know how Ticketmaster will let us proceed.  We will find out Aug 4th.  I do know that I will not be able to pull magic tickets of out of a hat for people like I used to.   PDF tickets are dead, that much we know.  

Information on  how to buy tickets will be posted in a private members area on the site next week.

You can buy a membership at The Voyageurs website.  Sign up first, then you can purchase a membership in the store. 

Hopefully we will see you all in a full stadium soon. 

Thanks for your patience and understanding. 
Jamie
The Voyageurs

We do NOT know how the seating will be arranged.  We have the whole south end, but at 50% capacity that is roughly 1500 tickets. 

We have nearly 500 memberships sold in the Toronto area.   That is a limit of 3 right off the top, but that isn't how it will likely work.  Things get complex when they start dividing things up into pods ect...   

It is likely we will not sell single tickets, as with spacing that is the surest way to reduce your total number of tickets available.  If the total inventory is to be maximized and fixed, then it will likely be a fixed number of seats per purchase.   2 or 4 seems most likely. 

We find out next week how this works. 

• Admin changed the title to World Cup Qualifying Tickets - BMO and BC Place
On 7/31/2021 at 5:09 PM, JohnnyFranchise said:

you know something we don't about those september games?

EDIT 03/08/2021:  DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL PLANS BASED ON POSTS IN THIS THREAD. WAIT

Honduras and El Sal already announced BMO for the September games.    We haven't yet, because we do not, as of yet, have permission to play.  If we do play, they will be at BMO. 

Nov games will likely be at BC Place.  Almost zero chance we don't play Mexico there.  Would rather play them on a good grass field but, CFL kills that prospect.   The original dates were Nov 12th and 16th.  Looks like they were changed to 10th and 14th, which I suspect dodges the Lions on the 12th.  So I would make a bet BC Place for CR and Mexico.

1 minute ago, admin said:

Honduras and El Sal already announced BMO for the September games.    We haven't yet, because we do not, as of yet, have permission to play.  If we do play, they will be at BMO. 

Nov games will likely be at BC Place.  Almost zero chance we don't play Mexico there.  Would rather play them on a good grass field but, CFL kills that prospect.   The original dates were Nov 12th and 16th.  Looks like they were changed to 10th and 14th, which I suspect dodges the Lions on the 12th.  So I would make a bet BC Place for CR and Mexico.

i agree about wanting those games outdoors, but more games at bc place means more games i can go to :D

montreal could still be a possibility for november tho, no?

6 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

i agree about wanting those games outdoors, but more games at bc place means more games i can go to :D

montreal could still be a possibility for november tho, no?

That was my though initially. Is Saputo winterized? 

But then our players have to fly ...   When the dates changed however, I think it's now two games in Vancouver. 

2 minutes ago, admin said:

That was my though initially. Is Saputo winterized? 

But then our players have to fly ...   When the dates changed however, I think it's two games in Vancouver. 

yah good point. i still feel like there's a chance of bmo & saputo for those 2. i just think they'll want to avoid travelling out west if possible. they could do the costa rica game in bmo and mexico in saputo. but you're probably right in thinking bc place.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

yah good point. i still feel like there's a chance of bmo & saputo for those 2. i just think they'll want to avoid travelling out west if possible. they could do the costa rica game in bmo and mexico in saputo. but you're probably right in thinking bc place.

The BC Place Pay Day on Mexico would be a no brainer.    That game goes where the money is. 

On 7/31/2021 at 5:12 PM, admin said:

The original dates were Nov 12th and 16th.  Looks like they were changed to 10th and 14th, which I suspect dodges the Lions on the 12th.  So I would make a bet BC Place for CR and Mexico.

Wait a second when did the dates change for the November window?

Another scoop?

EDIT Admin:  Dates have not changed.  This was an error on my part as per my meeting today. 

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

Wait a second when did the dates change for the November window?

Another scoop?

I don't think it's a scoop.  I came across that published somewhere.

CanPL is listing them as TBD, when before I think they had the dates. 

1 minute ago, narduch said:

It doesn't really make sense to do that unless you want to make it a 3 match window. 

What do you mean? I think it is a two match Window. I thought only we had a 3 match window in September

EDIT Admin 03/03/2021:  Disregard all dates in this post/thread until officially posted otherwise.

Wiki still lists it as 12th and 16th.  

The date range is 8th - 16th. 

Given that range, I think it is enough time.  

However doing the stadium set up and tear down twice makes me rethink that.  (edit: Of course that would be same diff if it were somewhere else)

4 minutes ago, admin said:

What do you mean? I think it is a two match Window. I thought only we had a 3 match window in September

If it's a 2 match window it makes more sense to play on the Friday. Not the Wednesday. 

My guess is the November games end up in Montreal unless the BC Lions game gets moved.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Nope. But it is standing, flags ect....  

When I get the seating map and restriction info we may parse out a family section... but it will be very small. Probably 118.

Yes, thanks for doing this Pre-Covid all these years.

Totally understand this time around if family section is not possible.

At the same time, no family section = more drinks for me and spend a night in Toronto.

10 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Are you saying tickets will only be distributed through the Vs and not available directly from Ticketmaster?

Our tickets, for the supporters section have always been distributed directly from us.  We have sold out many times but that was thousands of tickets and people could most of the time find tickets elsewhere in the stadium. 

It will be different this time, but we don't know how yet.  I do know I will no longer have access to PDF tickets.  

It's not immediately obvious how we will be able to map out sales onto a rigid seating map dictated by covid regulations.  If you fix the sales number, say 4 tickets, and we had PDF tickets it would not be bad.  I could figure that out.  But I have no idea what this system is like they want us to use.  If it takes even a few minutes to do one ticket it gets impossible fast. 

It may come down to a code, which I fear will be a disaster for the most important games in decades. 

• Admin pinned this topic
  • Admin unpinned this topic
  • Admin locked this topic