Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

53 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

They brought on Vazquez rather than give him fluff minutes

Alright…I had to laughed at the sequence of your posts. 

I get your a MTL fan and all, but I didn’t see you saying anything in the Osorio or Kaye threads lol. 

Bob Bradley subs so far this season: 2, 3, 3, 2. With two of those being garbage time 90+ subs, and one an injury sub for Insigne. He clearly has no faith in his bench. Bradley is stuck in the early 2000's. The value of using all your subs ought to be obvious to him, especially when you have an older team, but he'll run them into the ground. Only bright side is that if Rutty sticks around, there will be enough injuries that they'll have to play him.

I wish he would get out of there.  Crazy that a guy like him isn’t getting competitive playing time.  If there is any truth whatsoever behind the idea that he is actually still a solid prospect, he should be either getting good minutes in MLS or loaned out somewhere he can play.   The idea that he is some sort of blue chip multi million dollar prospect but can’t get on the field for TFC is a joke.    Follow Nelson, Shaff, Priso, and Petrasso, and go somewhere they will play you.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

11 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Problem is that CanPL likes that to be a season long loan. As things stand they may be expecting him to step in if/when Richie Laryea returns to Nottingham Forest.

He’s listed as a forward now and BB has said he doesn’t know where his best position in.

TFC turned down a transfer offer and a trade for him.

34 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He’s listed as a forward now and BB has said he doesn’t know where his best position in.

TFC turned down a transfer offer and a trade for him.

This is strange. Its not like Bob does not play younger guys. Younger players have gotten lots of playing time since he arrived. It could be that Bob thinks rutty is garbage but Manning does not want to let him go. Maybe his transfermarket value is too high for Manning to get rid of him 😝

38 minutes ago, Vasi said:

This is strange. Its not like Bob does not play younger guys. Younger players have gotten lots of playing time since he arrived. It could be that Bob thinks rutty is garbage but Manning does not want to let him go. Maybe his transfermarket value is too high for Manning to get rid of him 😝

It seems like it really is a case of their self-imposed valuation handcuffing JMR.   He is deemed (by TFC brass) to be a high value prospect so they won’t let him go for what most clubs are realistically willing to pay at this point.   Yet there has been nothing in his relatively recent play that suggests he is some sort of can’t-miss phenom.  Meanwhile he can’t even get the coach’s confidence.  

The more time that passes, the less likely he is to actually warrant any sort of big transfer.  A kid playing in MLS at 16 is a vastly different signing in terms of potential profit than what we have seen recently.  And I nfortunately I just don’t see a situation where JMR attracts a big enough transfer fee to meet TFC’s unrealistic expectations that we’re set when he was thought to be one of North America’s hottest youth prospects.   Either TFC have to bite the bullet and recalibrate their valuation or it seems JMR will be slogging away at TFC for quite a while.  And as long as they are hellbent on buying older veteran players that they think will let them compete immediately, those are likely to be limited sub appearances.   

He may still come good and be a really solid player - and I genuinely hope that is the case.   But the pathway to get there seems fairly long, and it runs into obstacles out in place by the TFC front office.  

8 minutes ago, RS said:

Kinda hard for him to do when he's under contract and they won't trade him.

Yeah. I looked to see when his latest contract/extension was signed but didn’t see anything last 2020 - but I thought he had been extended after that.   As I said in the next post, it really seems like TFC has created structural challenges to him progressing or moving on from TFC.  

Its bad business.  If BB came in and didnt think much of JMR and he wasnt in the future plans for whatever reason, why wouldnt you recoup some of his value by moving him out?  Havnt we heard that they turned down foreign transfers and trade offers within MLS.  If he cant be trusted as a depth piece on a team that has no depth, you are exposing your own bluff to other teams eh?  A prospect has a shelf life....eventually that banana in the bowl turns black, no one wants it and you are forced to make shitty banana muffins out of it.  

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah. I looked to see when his latest contract/extension was signed but didn’t see anything last 2020 - but I thought he had been extended after that.   As I said in the next post, it really seems like TFC has created structural challenges to him progressing or moving on from TFC.  

He has a six-year contract with TFC on his original deal .

https://theathletic.com/2530082/2021/04/19/jahkeel-marshall-rutty-toronto-fc/