Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

After making the MLS TotW and being named MotM by some pundits, it will be really interesting to see what happens to JMR tonight now that the international window is over.  On the one hand you could understand if Laryea immediately steps back into the starting spot.   On the other hand, it would be pretty discouraging for a young player to have that kind of performance and then immediately get relegated back to the bench.  With the way Bradley deals with youth players, I suspect Laryea comes back into the starting 11 and JMR drops out, but I would love to see Richie get moved to the left side and have Marshall-Rutty retain his spot.  

From your lips to Bob Bradley's ears.

44 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

How did he do ?

16 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Meh.  Certainly not as good as last game.  I think he got hung out to dry by Kaye and Bradley a couple times.

Hung out to dry - exactly!  The lad oozes quality… On a night when there was so much negative,  I was impressed with his ability to not waste the ball, using his ball control under pressure to find a decent pass - probably the only TFC player last night to not consistently disappoint in this area.   I’ll echo what 90% of other posters are saying in that he is not a RB…  especially in a lineup with an immobile Bradley, and with Kaye who seems a bit lost (in both his form and fit/ lack-of-direction under the current TFC Sunday morning Rec-league set-up)

1 hour ago, TOcanadafan said:

Hung out to dry - exactly!  The lad oozes quality… On a night when there was so much negative,  I was impressed with his ability to not waste the ball, using his ball control under pressure to find a decent pass - probably the only TFC player last night to not consistently disappoint in this area.   I’ll echo what 90% of other posters are saying in that he is not a RB…  especially in a lineup with an immobile Bradley, and with Kaye who seems a bit lost (in both his form and fit/ lack-of-direction under the current TFC Sunday morning Rec-league set-up)

It’s frustrating, I saw his runs last game and I do believe he scores one if he’s at cam or CM 

Im glad he’s playing, but yeah he needs to get out of there.

5 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Tell me you didn’t watch the game without telling me you didn’t watch the game.  

I watched the highlights and he looked like he was right back, which goes against what the starting eleven indicated. Is this what you are referring to?

3 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Switching wings is a big adjustment. Have to question why it wasn't the more experienced Richie Laryea that was asked to do that.

Just the one question for you then?  OK I'll draft the rest, give me a few hours.....

Had only seen the highlights briefly on my phone when I posted that and wasn't paying particularly close attention as a lot was happening where I was at the time but will know better than to take the lineup graphics shown by Apple TV seriously in future. Good to see Bob Bradley wasn't foolish enough to do that.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot