Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

Come on, is pointing out an Impact fan may not want good things for TFC an attack or is it just... the truth?

Good things for TFC have lead to good things for soccer in Canada. I love their ambition, i wish Joey wasn’t fucking cheap and toxic.

id love to have one of your DP’s, but hey Atleast if you have them I can see them play when TFC comes to town.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Good things for TFC have lead to good things for soccer in Canada. I love their ambition, i wish Joey wasn’t fucking cheap and toxic.

id love to have one of your DP’s, but hey Atleast if you have them I can see them play when TFC comes to town.

That’s where me and most of my buddies who follow soccer differ. They’re all to a man bigger IMFC fans than Canada fans, so any player who wears the red shirt is the enemy, it’s hard for me to have that level of hate, even though… it’s Toronto.

my friend warned me not to bring up Ballou Tabla in his brother’s presence, since he’s still miffed over Tabla wearing a TFC jersey at some practice session some years back and ever since, he’s prayed upon his downfall.

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Starting tonight for TFC (game is on TSN 4 at 8:30).  Interestingly, FotMob has him striking.  I assume this isn’t accurate but it does suggest he isn’t playing in the back line.  Left wing maybe? 

978F80EB-6568-44E7-B6D5-69E97D3EEDCB.jpeg

Maybe Bradley will play with two left backs.  No one would suspect that formation.

I thought he was pretty good in a poor match for TFC.  He is very smart with the ball and was one of the few that could break the pressure in the first half with the few touches he had.  In the second, he was better especially when moved from LW to RW. Made a few nice passes, drifted inside a lot to get more involved and just showed more energy. I think he has to played with more urgency and fire. With Insigne and Bernardeschi on the wings, I really think they need to play him as a 10 in the middle as he is so good on the ball, keeping it and making small passes. But he will need to be more aggressive to play there (he seems to drift a lot).  His path to regular minutes is blocked by the the other two, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, An Observer said:

His path to regular minutes is blocked by the the other two, unfortunately

I actually disagree, I think with how he’s performed in recent games and how the front three played today for now they shouldn’t be changed until changes need to be made.

3 minutes ago, An Observer said:

I thought he was pretty good in a poor match for TFC.  He is very smart with the ball and was one of the few that could break the pressure in the first half with the few touches he had.  In the second, he was better especially when moved from LW to RW. Made a few nice passes, drifted inside a lot to get more involved and just showed more energy. I think he has to played with more urgency and fire. With Insigne and Bernardeschi on the wings, I really think they need to play him as a 10 in the middle as he is so good on the ball, keeping it and making small passes. But he will need to be more aggressive to play there (he seems to drift a lot).  His path to regular minutes is blocked by the the other two, unfortunately.

I think he gets open well but needs that last through pass which Richie didn’t give him often enough.

i see him as RW/CAM.

I only watched the 2nd half but last night was my “oh, I get it” moment with JMR. Even in games when he’s won MOTM in the past I wasn’t overly impressed but last night he played just so damn smart and shifty. You could tell that he’s up to speed and was TFC’s most reliable player on the ball late on. 

4 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I only watched the 2nd half but last night was my “oh, I get it” moment with JMR. Even in games when he’s won MOTM in the past I wasn’t overly impressed but last night he played just so damn smart and shifty. You could tell that he’s up to speed and was TFC’s most reliable player on the ball late on. 

Yes, he seems to be in his element in the middle of the park, as an attacking mid or support striker. It's a waste to limit him to being an attacking minded full back...

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, costarg said:

#Free JMR.  This is beyond ridiculous.  

The thing that I find ridiculous is how poorly run this club has been (for years) but there will always be fans and media preaching patience.

Although it now does look like the fans have turned after last night 

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It’s funny to complain about JMR not playing, and then you realize it’s not a JMR thing, TFC straight up doesn’t use their bench. You’d think a team struggling for wins would be a bit more creative with their subs.

It's the manager acknowledging he doesn't have any depth. Or doesn't trust them.

Which is damming because he built the team too.

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

It’s funny to complain about JMR not playing, and then you realize it’s not a JMR thing, TFC straight up doesn’t use their bench. You’d think a team struggling for wins would be a bit more creative with their subs.

Only way he could do worse is by not bothering to fill out the sheet with 11 names to start a match.

Bradley seems like someone who has given up.  He just doesn't look interested or like he cares.  Only thing he seems passionate about is giving his son all the minutes possible. 

I'm getting serious Conte vibes here, like he just wants to get fired and pickup the cheque on the way out.

At a certain point the onus is on the player to force a move, whether that be a loan or something permanent. 

Maybe he and is agent still feel like he can win a regular place on this team. Shall see what the summer window brings. 

4 hours ago, canuckgbp said:

At a certain point the onus is on the player to force a move, whether that be a loan or something permanent. 

Maybe he and is agent still feel like he can win a regular place on this team. Shall see what the summer window brings. 

Wow, really?  That's a new take on defending TFC management to the death.  What power does a 18 year old under contract have to force a move?  Can you give an example of someone who successfully managed what you propose?