Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty

shamrock

Now that Sr has shown a willingness to drop Jr and give younger Canadian players a shot in midfield roles to fill that vacancy (nepotism can only go so far when it starts to threaten your job) he has a window of opportunity from now to the summer transfer window to stake his claim as the next Alphonso Davies level prospect before another DP arrives.

The biggest thing I’ve noticed from him is his off the ball movement. It’s wonderful, what a run that was. He could have had other runs but teammates were slow to give him the ball. 

Bradley is an idiot if he puts this kid back at left back. He should be getting some starts and be the first option off the bench, Bernadeschi and Isigne will start but he can replace one of them later in the game and Bradley doesn’t need to always start. 

4 hours ago, narduch said:

Apparently Bradley was hurt.

He wasn't dropped due to his play.

He wasn't even in the warm ups. 

Correct - he sat on the bench the entire game while the rest of the subs warmed up. It’s probably more evidence of nepotism as he shouldn’t have been dressed but Laryea mentioned post game that he could hear Bradley Jr barking instructions to everyone from the bench, so basically he was there to be an unofficial assistant coach, instead Sr. of dressing another player who could actually play if needed.

21 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Laryea mentioned post game that he could hear Bradley Jr barking instructions to everyone from the bench

I think the most telling piece here is not that BB gave MB a seat on the bench when he couldn't play, or that MB would be yelling instructions at teammates, but that Richie brought it up in a post-game interview.  TFC is not the brotherhood...

Surely if they have any self-awareness, both Bob and Michael will realize that by coaching/playing on the same club they have diminished both of their reputations and reduced their future options. 

MB really likes Toronto by all accounts, so I see this as being a bit of a standoff, with MLSE hesitant to sack Bob (should the team record warrant it) because Michael is there.  If it comes to it, they a) suck it up and stick with the Bradleys until contracts run out, b) they sack Bob and buy Michael out or trade him (the latter not likely) -- or, c) (god help TFC) they mutually agree that Bob moves on and Michael retires and they give him his Dad's post as manager or some other post within the club.  (or keep Bob and move Michael to staff)

There is also d) keep Bob and move Michael the player, or e) sack Bob and keep Michael as a player, but I just don't see either of those as likely.  They have hitched their professional wagons together I think.

I guess there's also f) TFC plays lights out and wins another championship, but I also don't see that as likely with Michael on the field as an untouchable starter.

Edited by shorty

I get they’re professionals with great resumes, but father coach and son captain is some real little league stuff. I mean, if your kid played U8 soccer and the coach’s kid was captain and the team was middling, as a parent you’d be pissed, let alone if it happened in a professional high level league. Why not get rid of both?

Well you dont get rid of both because BB is a good coach and the record isnt bad considering Insigne has been out.  You dont get rid of MB because he has been a great player for us and wants to be part of the organization long term etc and the management like that idea.  He can still be a important piece, BUT, think Cheryou at the end....doesnt play everyday but picks his spots instead.  Whether that will ever actually happen, who knows.  

It was good to see JMR come in and play well. Has to be a confidence booster for him.  I'm still baffled with Coello, one game he seems ok, next he is poor, is he playing out of position too?  

Not every coach and be impartial with his son, doesn’t seem like BB can.

Rumour is that Isigne isn’t happy and doesn’t like the Bradley’s.

BB is a good coach and MB is a good player, however, MB isn’t a 90 minute player every week and hasn’t been for years.

Players like Kosi and Coello can play and help but they need to play…. 

54 minutes ago, shorty said:

I think the most telling piece here is not that BB gave MB a seat on the bench when he couldn't play, or that MB would be yelling instructions at teammates, but that Richie brought it up in a post-game interview.  TFC is not the brotherhood...

In fairness, Laryea didn’t so much bring it up but was asked about Bradley Jr. He also didn’t really sound negative about it to my ears

I guess Michael Bradley might be explaining something Bob Bradley just said to Insigne in Italian but couldn't Paul Staltieri or an interpreter do that as well? Would have thought that as long as Jr is still playing the last thing they should want in group dynamics terms is having Jr appear to be acting as part of the coaching staff by virtue of being Sr's son so found that tweet interesting.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

BB is a good coach and MB is a good player, however, MB isn’t a 90 minute player every week and hasn’t been for years.

This is the thing, though.  BB has been a great coach in fact, but in the past and presumably still could be.  MB has been a great player in the past, but is toward the end of his career, so although he still could be a great role player like Cheyrou was, he will no longer ever be a great anchor player.  But by using his son as an anchor player, and not creating (or actively blocking) pathways for younger talent, BB has undermined his stature as a great coach and sacrificed many results for TFC at the same time.  He could see the light and start using MB properly and redeem himself; or TFC moves MB to staff in some capacity, as narduch suggests.  Either way, though, they have some work to do to revive both their reputations and the culture within the team, I suspect.

5 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

This is an Impact fan's wet dream.

That story was actually corroborated by a Vancouver writer.

Of course none of the TFC beat guys are interested in touching that story. Probably too scared to lose access.

TFC fans can pretend it's a fake story if it makes themselves feel better

17 minutes ago, narduch said:

That story was actually corroborated by a Vancouver writer.

Of course none of the TFC beat guys are interested in touching that story. Probably too scared to lose access.

TFC fans can pretend it's a fake story if it makes themselves feel better

Does corroborated mean published a rumour now?

5 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Does corroborated mean published a rumour now?

You can chose to pretend it's not real if it doesn't fit your perfect TFC utopia. But after the JDG/Killbaine segment my own speculation is that there probably is something there.

I never found JJ Adams to be a bad reporter and just make shit up for clicks.

He heard about it in October and didn't report it because it's not his beat. 

That being said of course they could have patched things up or at the very least are letting bygones be bygones.

6 minutes ago, narduch said:

You can chose to pretend it's not real if it doesn't fit your perfect TFC utopia. But after the JDG/Killbaine segment my own speculation is that there probably is something there.

I never found JJ Adams to be a bad reporter and just make shit up for clicks.

He heard about it in October and didn't report it because it's not his beat. 

That being said of course they could have patched things up or at the very least are letting bygones be bygones.

I understand the nature of the rumour and assume it could be true based on how his time in Toronto has gone but also assume it is a rumour until I hear something more credible.

You are quick to attack people for pointing out it is a rumour. This is as much a wet dream for TFC season seat holders who hate TFC like you as it is for an Impact fan.

8 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

You are quick to attack people for pointing out it is a rumour. This is as much a wet dream for TFC season seat holders who hate TFC like you as it is for an Impact fan.

I don't hate TFC.

I do hate Bill Manning though.

10 hours ago, Ruffian said:

I understand the nature of the rumour and assume it could be true based on how his time in Toronto has gone but also assume it is a rumour until I hear something more credible.

Didn’t you do the exact same to me ? 

Is it possible he’s unhappy ? Yes, is it possible he’s not happy due to things other than Bradley, yes. It is interesting that it came up…

TFC have yet to show that they are a force with him, he has been injured but I find that Bernadeschi has been the better of the signings so far.

and I must say, that would be my wet dream if he were unhappy. What a marvellous signing so far. 

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

"TFC Beat writers won't touch this story" makes no sense as they've reported many times on players (and DPs) being unhappy in Toronto and not getting along with players.

They even did that recently with Soteldo and Pozuelo.

But Bradley is a sacred cow.

Besides in those other 2 cases you mention that news conveniently helps the FO out.

Reporting that Insigne is unhappy in October would make the club look bad.

Totally different scenarios. Not at all comparable.