Gold Cup - June 19th 2019 - Canada vs Mexico

apbsmith

Just now, Acid-Tone said:

The message (which isn't hard to figure out) is that getting as far as possible in this tournament is more important than winning a single game in the group stage.

In a tourny, don't count the chickens before the eggs are hatched.

You play one game at a time and you want to win every single one of them. Momentum counts more than mind games.

3 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

The message (which isn't hard to figure out) is that getting as far as possible in this tournament is more important than winning a single game in the group stage.

A lot easier to do finishing 1st in your group and playing Haiti over Costa Rica.

Are we talking in circles yet? Rest your players against Cuba, not Mexico.

1 minute ago, spitfire said:

Again clueless ever heard of sarcasm?

Seriously let’s give Lofty the national team job!!!!

he’d do Soo much better.

I love these armchair never actually coached or played at any level thinking fans they know more then people who get paid to do the job...

i have an UEFA A license played professionally and coached professionally and I dont pretend to know have as much as you do...I’m done 

Fucking hell you’ve just killed him. That was beautiful.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Exactly. I'd rather have them rested for knockout stage than burn them in altitude against Mexico while all you need was to draw Cuba 4 days later.

Well I hope its for rest cuz if the plan was to hide our hand with these players. That strategy is gone because all 3 subs have come in and shown what they can do.

2 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Everyone has turned against everyone in here this is a fantastic match thread

I think a lot of people were optimistic and now are disappointed and crusty. 

I’m confused but mostly indifferent. We beat Cuba and face off against Costa Rica, the most likeliest of scenarios since the groups were announced. Rematch versus Mexico with no gamesmanship and our best 11 on the field.

6 minutes ago, Razcal said:

A lot easier to do finishing 1st in your group and playing Haiti over Costa Rica.

Are we talking in circles yet? Rest your players against Cuba, not Mexico.

Assuming u had beaten mexico which would be a huge task.