Gold Cup - June 19th 2019 - Canada vs Mexico

apbsmith

1 minute ago, apbsmith said:

Agree it's out of control but I understand the squad rotation 100%. 

100% Costa Rica will do what they need to do to play Canada instead of Mexico in the QFs. 

Whens the last time a team threw a game in a major tournament to get a set matchup. Fans always say teams will do it, i rarely if ever see it happen. 

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

You need a wide forward who can transition in game to FW? Tesho Akindele. You need a LB? Cordova. Henry not completely fit? Manjrekar James. This isn't hard Herdman, his personnel decisions make no sense.

Man stop. Akindele is not the solution to this performance. It’s not like Teibert has been playing bad at LB tonight anyway

Is it just me or do you not think the plan was to let Mexico have possession in the first half and maybe even the start of the second half and the bring on a serious attack for the last 30 minutes  or so? With a few substitutions and maybe some tired Mexican legs, we could get a result here.

That goal was very unfortunate... 

They scored when we had 10 men without a CB on the pitch, ugh.

As soon as they saw our CB was on the sidelines with a bloody nose, you knew they were gonna attack the middle or bomb in crosses. 

A non CB(Hutch) just missed a header clearance, ZbG could have done better to clear, but that was an unfortunate deflection off his leg. 

I felt MAK has been great in the middle of the park, all things considered. 

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Wow surprised with the hate Larin is getting, I think he is doing really well considering the position Herdman put him in.

Because eventually you need to something. And he has never produced against a good team. I think 1 of his 8 goals have been against good competition. Playing okay isn't good enough for where this program is going... and in my opinion even where we already are. 

2 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

World Cup 2018

Which game? What was the scenario? Which top team was avoided? 

Did Argentina finish second to play france? Mexico finished second to play Brazil? England to play colombia?

im not seeing it 

Edited by king1010

1 minute ago, Hawkguy said:

Because eventually you need to something. And he has never produced against a good team. I think 1 of his 8 goals have been against good competition. Playing okay isn't good enough for where this program is going... and in my opinion even where we already are. 

What's he going to do? Beat 4 guys himself?

3 minutes ago, bwilly11 said:

I'm rooting for him, but I think Larin gets too much respect. He has not been getting better in my opinion. I feel like hes still getting opportunities bases on what he did 4 yrs ago.

From who?     The majority of people on here shit on him at every opportunity.   

5 minutes ago, Razcal said:

What's he going to do? Beat 4 guys himself?

I'm not sure what everyone is expecting from Larin today.  Easy to pick on an attacker when we have no supporting attack.  Aside from Davies with his speed and Cav's one good run Canada has not had any offense and Tesho or Ricketts or anyone else likely isn't going to make a difference in this game up top.

In complete fairness, the attackers should be the least criticized today because they very seldom see the ball and are expecting play and hold up against 3 elite defenders. Our defenders miss simle passes and our mid have very little control but our strikers lose the ball against 3 defenders and we're pointing that out.  lol

Edited by Corazon

2 minutes ago, Acid-Tone said:

From who?     The majority of people on here **** on him at every opportunity.   

He started, I don't think he should though is what I'm trying to say. But I'm a beer drinking armchair analyst, what do I know.