Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

It's good Thomas had a start for Tromso. He has had a fair career. He is however so far removed from the international set up it would be like arguing Manjrekar James should be in the squad over Kennedy. 

DSC has been amazing, arguably more deserving than Crep for a chance. It's nice to have a solid pool of keepers and hope Simon continues to grow in Norway! Who knows how long Borjan goes for and what opportunities might occur in 2023. Involving Thomas now would be a needless gamble when arguably there is better in the squad and beyond that based in North America already.

Bono was almost 24 in a friendly vs Bolivia because of his age he has to wait up to 5 years to play for a residency country if he gets your passport.  

As for Holmes only in Canada you can discuss this logic, even the Japanese are doing it ,  don't break the rule just bend it like any country,  even Italy are playing Argentinians and Brazilians  for the last 15 years.  Germany I remembered played Sean Dundee so South Africa couldn't play him and Kevin Kuranyi from Panama.  

• 5 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I like his chances in the shootout.  Big, agile guy with the wingspan of a B52.

If Jara takes one, he might choke like he did against Crepeau last year in the final play of the game at BC Place.

I shouldn't have made that.online bet on this shootout.  Jamie Foxx and Wayne Gretzky are going to break my legs 😟

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Well shit.  DSC played great over the 120 minutes.  Just couldn’t do it during PKs.  Shitty. 

Shame too. He probably should have saved the final panenka.

Also ultimately his decision to palm the Arriola bicycle kick over the net instead of catching it (He doesn't seem comfortable catching the ball at times) did them in since they scored on the ensuing corner.

20 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Great game, great season… too bad he lost out in penalties.

I always wonder why goalies guess / dive every single shot… the amount of times a player goes up the middle or tries a chip, you’d think they’d choose to react to the shot more often.

Yeah, or even if the shooter tries for a side but hits it poorly I feel like some of those could be saved with a reaction. I do think keepers should wait like 15% to 33% of the time. There was a keeper a week or so ago that caught a Chicharito panenka attempt. If I remember the save well enough, I think he waited for the kick.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No disrespect to St Clair but the situation with Milan is why Crepeau’s injury was a huge deal for us.  I think Dayne has a huge ceiling but I would be more comfortable with Max between the pipes against a team like Belgium.   

Doesn't all help that St. Clair is now known as Dayne "No Catch" St. Clair.