Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

between this and the players Sigma have sent to the MNT, it’s a travesty there aren’t more elite academies in Canada like in places like Quebec. We have a tenth of their population, yet our best developmental teams are raising some very good players and going toe to toe with our American counterparts. AJ also came up through Vaughan too I think.

Edited by InglewoodJack

16 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

between this and the players Sigma have sent to the MNT, it’s a travesty there aren’t more elite academies in Canada like in places like Quebec. We have a tenth of their population, yet our best developmental teams are raising some very good players and going toe to toe with our American counterparts. AJ also came up through Vaughan too I think.

I would add lower mainland BC as well, historically the hot bed of the country.  Hopefully the new BC league remedies that.

4 minutes ago, Metro said:

I would add lower mainland BC as well, historically the hot bed of the country.  Hopefully the new BC league remedies that.

Yeah, I said that assuming BC had something of the sort- I’m not familiar with what they’ve got going on, but come to think of it, I can’t think of the best BC-grown player we’ve got, so absolutely. Quebec is criminally underserved, however if the GTA can grow so many of these players, lower mainland BC should be right up there with them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

So you think our keepers should be Creapau and Lars Hirschfeld?

The same way im saying The 3rd keeper must be some seasoned gk, The Colyn case is the bolter.  

Brazil took Ronaldo to 1994 and I have plenty of examples. 

If Canadá has a kiddo playing for PSV and representing PSV at any level, bring him in.  Choose 25 and a slot for this wonderkid.  It is for motivation for all the kids in Canada it has a symbolism.

2 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

You want to take a backup keeper... who never plays...and has never really played consistently versus the MLS Allstar game MVP? Your takes are wild man. 

What are the options, 3rd gk I think it has to be a veteran,  I have nothing against him and he is the future but has only 5 years as goalkeeper good enough old enough, I can understand your point but please understand mine.   Leutwiler is another one.  Third gk won't play.  Now if you say St Clair can leapfrog Creapeau that's another chapter

19 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

What are the options, 3rd gk I think it has to be a veteran,  I have nothing against him and he is the future but has only 5 years as goalkeeper good enough old enough, I can understand your point but please understand mine.   Leutwiler is another one.  Third gk won't play.  Now if you say St Clair can leapfrog Creapeau that's another chapter

Veterans at being bench warmers? We have Borjan who among others is providing leadership.

Thomas hasn't played with the national team in what 5 years? Career backup except for a couple of seasons. 

Leutwiler has been with the Canada setup more recently but got dropped from it after he was benched down in League 2. Now Oldham is in the National League... what are we even talking about? You want to bring a GK from the 5th tier to the world cup? 

DSC is the 3rd. End of. 

Edited by canuckgbp

34 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

The same way im saying The 3rd keeper must be some seasoned gk, The Colyn case is the bolter.  

Brazil took Ronaldo to 1994 and I have plenty of examples. 

If Canadá has a kiddo playing for PSV and representing PSV at any level, bring him in.  Choose 25 and a slot for this wonderkid.  It is for motivation for all the kids in Canada it has a symbolism.

Simon is that you?

Edited by phresh