Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

46 minutes ago, RS said:

Gauld has played official youth matches for Scotland so it’s hard to see how he’d qualify for Canada.

He's eligible now. Funer Mori had the same issue with Mexico and Argentina youth caps but the rule changed and he was able to switch to Mexico.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:32 AM, jordan said:

Likely don’t need to worry about Gauld, not many last five years there, and not many players have career aspirations of finishing 12th in the west each year

As hilarious as your comment must have been for you, the Whitecaps' average finish in their conference over the past 6 seasons has been slightly better than 8th, while Toronto's has been 7th. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am not sure he is that really far off Borjan. Even injury aside, I think he's ahead of Crepeau (no shade on Max who I've grown to appreciate more). Really hope he can improve his distribution. I wonder how far off a move he is?

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

I am not sure he is that really far off Borjan. Even injury aside, I think he's ahead of Crepeau (no shade on Max who I've grown to appreciate more). Really hope he can improve his distribution. I wonder how far off a move he is?

Max has very sure hands, St Clair seemed unsure with high balls  in that pre WC friendly. Maybe I judge him on too little. I know he's an agile reflex player.

It's what is expected of you. Borjan is very unsure with his feet and most MLS keepers aren't asked to do quality distribution.

From what we saw in qualifying, Crepeau is extremely reliable and has extras, like penalty stops and game smarts 

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Max has very sure hands, St Clair seemed unsure with high balls  in that pre WC friendly. Maybe I judge him on too little. I know he's an agile reflex player.

It's what is expected of you. Borjan is very unsure with his feet and most MLS keepers aren't asked to do quality distribution.

From what we saw in qualifying, Crepeau is extremely reliable and has extras, like penalty stops and game smarts 

I felt that Crepeau bossed his penalty area  much better with the Caps than he did in the several times I saw him with LAFC last year.  However, I felt comfortable with his play with NT.

St. Clair is still learning his craft, especially with the mental side of the game in putting mistakes and setbacks behind him quickly without further distraction. but he has the build and athleticism to pull off massive saves in key moments.  I like him a lot!

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Don't be fooled by St Clair giving up 3 to the Whitecaps tonight. He was the only reason it was as close as it was. Some great/critical saves. Would like to see him as Canada's starter at the Gold Cup this summer.

I personally find he has flaws and immaturity that put him clearly below Crepeau, though the latter is not healthy yet. 

He does not command the box that well, is not really sure in the air, is more an agile stop stopper, which looks good in the crunch. I find he only average with his feet. Of course that was a flaw with Borjan too, one of his weak areas.