The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

15 hours ago, Floortom said:

Wheeler is being ridiculous. The best case scenario is not disastrous. The best case scenario is Davies takes a week off and is fully fit for Qatar - and that’s still entirely possible.

Pretty well it. Best case he's training light in 7-10 days and maybe gets 15-20 m v Japan to test game pace.

We have alternatives, fortunately, not at his level but without hurting us defensively at least. What it'd do especially is give rivals something less to worry about.

There you go. He will recover in time. Let's all remember to wait for an actual medical assessment before htting the panic button in the future.

As a side note, I feel like there's always a media shitstorm when Davies could potentially be out for any length of time. I understand this happens because he's a celebrity, but I doubt the actual severity of the injury would have been blown out of proportion if it was any other player. 

9 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

As a side note, I feel like there's always a media shitstorm when Davies could potentially be out for any length of time. I understand this happens because he's a celebrity, but I doubt the actual severity of the injury would have been blown out of proportion if it was any other player. 

Make it make sense first.

This is such a naive statement considering he is our best player, and he also happens to be one of the best in the game. So if course there’s going to be a media shitstorm it goes without saying.

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

Make it make sense first.

This is such a naive statement considering he is our best player, and he also happens to be one of the best in the game. So if course there’s going to be a media shitstorm it goes without saying.

How is that naive? I acknowledged that the media shitstorm happens because he is a celebrity. I'm just saying it's annoying.

1 hour ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

There you go. He will recover in time. Let's all remember to wait for an actual medical assessment before htting the panic button in the future.

He is our once in a generation player 2 weeks before our second ever world cup ever, first in almost 40 years. 

the reaction you saw was warranted and was always going to happen and will happen again in the future of a similar situation would arise. 

the “panic button” was absolutely warranted. 

you’re never going to have diehard fans say “oh look like he tore his hamstring, but its ok lets wait and see to be sure” theyre going to absolutely lose their shit

Edited by king1010

10 minutes ago, king1010 said:

He is our once in a generation player 2 weeks before our second ever world cup ever, first in almost 40 years. 

the reaction you saw was warranted and was always going to happen and will happen again in the future of a similar situation would arise. 

the “panic button” was absolutely warranted. 

you’re never going to have diehard fans say “oh look like he tore his hamstring, but its ok lets wait and see to be sure” theyre going to absolutely lose their shit

It depends on the injury. From what I saw, there was absolutely a chance it wasn't going to interfere with his participation at the WC. It's OK to be concerned but another to panic when the severity of an injury is unclear. 

8 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

It depends on the injury. From what I saw, there was absolutely a chance it wasn't going to interfere with his participation at the WC. It's OK to be concerned but another to panic when the severity of an injury is unclear. 

exactly the point. There was a chance it wasnt going to affect wc and there was a chance it was going to. hence the panic

you cant tel ppl how to react to the chance davies misses the wc. Panicking is a logical reaction

We’re gunna have to agree to disagree here. 

Edited by king1010

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

Ya. We’re gunna have to agree to disagree here. 

It was just an exercise in psychology.  Half thought he was done for sure.  Half thought he'd be OK.  He walked off so there was a chance he was OK, but clearly could also have been more severe to rule him out.  No one had enough medical knowledge to back up their position.  I'm not a psychology major, but it probably says something about your psychological make up depending on which side you were on.  I'm not even sure what side I was on but I'm a bit hung over today..lol.

Davies is OKAY.....it doesn't matter now!