The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

2 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

I don't see any foxholes right now. Do you?

There is a legitimate concern that by far the best player in our nation’s history will miss our nation’s most important games in its history- if that doesn’t bring us face to face with mortality, I don’t know what does, haha

Maybe I'm a crazy optimist but I fully expect this to be minor and for him to start matches in Qatar. That said, if he's anything less than 100%, let him sit out the Belgium match. A mostly healthy Davies might increase our chance of getting a result there from 10% to 15%, that is from negligible to negligible. He makes a bigger difference in the other two matches, which I expect to be more even.

Edited by jonovision

Until we know more I am assuming it will be a tight squeeze to make the roster for the Belgium game, but the good news is that it doesn't look serious. It is unlikely he walks off the field on his own if this was a tournament-missing injury. I think we see Davies in some capacity in Qatar. 

I think this is likely a grade 1 or 2 injury. They would probably have a pretty good idea if it was grade 3 as that’s extremely painful and serious. Grade 1 and he still has a good outlook for Qatar. Grade 2 and he’s likely unavailable for at least the first match and possibly the whole tourney or he could be good to go. It will take constant reassessments to know his status and progress.

Edited by Floortom