The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

Wishful thinking to assume it is cramp. When players pull up like that it's usually a tear. To what degree is what's important here. It's certainly possible it's very mild, but even then you're typically looking at a few weeks at least. Best case senario I think is that he's close enough to at least make the bench for the opener. 

The good news is that we've played well without Davies. He's far and away our most gifted player, but we have enough character to pull on without him, if necessary. We've seen Davies have some relativley poor games when he takes too much responsiblity. Mexico and Costa Rica at Edmonton are some examples.

I am not saying I don't want him healthy and ready to go for Belgium, but him easing into the tournament may take the pressure off, instead of him trying to blow the gate off against Belgium, because we've seen mixed results in some other high pressure games. Just trying to find a silver lining here. 

24 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Wishful thinking to assume it is cramp. When players pull up like that it's usually a tear. To what degree is what's important here. It's certainly possible it's very mild, but even then you're typically looking at a few weeks at least. Best case senario I think is that he's close enough to at least make the bench for the opener. 

If it's a strain, which would look very much the same, it could be only a week or two. Lots of possibilities, only a few of which are critical.

8 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Based on what?

Looks more like a tweak then a serious tear (yea I recognize that looks are often deceiving with respect to injuries)

he injured his hamstring last year and was back quickly. In our match against the US in Nashville he came out with a leg injury and it turned out to be nothing serious either. So there is precedent but we’ll just have to wait and see.