Theo Bair

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

would say this is a good move for him. St. Johnstone have been horrendous and are in last place so clearly they need a change. Maybe he can keep them up.

Theo played for Nick Dasovic for a few years in the Whitecaps' system and Nick Dasovic is a St Johnstone legend. Sounds like somebody's dropped a recommendation, me thinks.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the supporters running him out of town were able to catch up to him, and that was partly the problem. 

(I wanted him to succeed so badly at PFC in the first year, and he just didn’t. Full marks to him for letting his career take him to places many of us haven’t been)

Edited by shorty

3 minutes ago, shorty said:

I think the supporters running him out of town were able to catch up to him, and that was partly the problem. 

(I wanted him to succeed so badly at PFC in the first year, and he just didn’t. Full marks to him for letting his career take him to places many of us haven’t been)

We too often have made punch lines out of guys like Haber and Tosaint Ricketts  and yet they have been able to forge out lengthy and well traveled careers in the pro game, while other more hyped and talented guys have fizzled out.  

Based on the criticism he received during the 2007 U20 World Cup playing as a CB, who would have thought that he would have lasted this long in professional soccer?  Heck, I think he, Ricketts, Begovic, and Jackson are the last guys ftom that squad still plying their trade in the pros

Watched Rangers vs Ross County today, ….my lord is all I’ll say. This is a good move to stay in Europe and move up a league.

But if it doesn’t come to fruition, then I hope he has a breakout year in the better league with the Caps. 

It was pretty clear that he wasn't in the long term future here under Schuster, but the loan stint in Norway gave him the shop window exposure needed to secure a move.  I hope he is a success there but he is going to have to bring a physical edge consistently to go with his finesse skills to have that happen.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...