Theo Bair

12 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Good to hear it.  Lots have lost faith in him so keep that hope alive.  

Meh, lots are fickle.
I don't give up anyone willing to represent Canada. People have hope for guys using Canada as their options. 

I think we have a lot of guys in the same bucket of their careers, all playing at similar comparable levels (*Brym, Bair, Millar, Corbeanu, Shaffelburg, Nelson) waiting for a breakout. So if you're playing at an adequate level I have hope for them.

And believe it or not SPFL is considered a higher level than Swiss or Norwegian league. So all the attention that Millar and Corbeanu get, some should go to Bair with the back to back league starts. 

But then I remember, lots don't actually watch games.

/Rant. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots also watch games and only see what they want to see.

As I have said on here before, he's getting chances because of the physical presence, durability, and athleticism plus some good skills he brings and, like you, I want to see him finally put it together.  And as I have also posted, I have lots of respect and time for guys who put in the graft overseas to try to find a place in this incredibly competitve career.  

Maybe this is the time and place where it finally comes together for him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

He has consistently started for a 4th placed Motherwell. 

Hasn't scored really, but he does everything else expected of a target 9.

Good hold up play, wins aerial battles, the only thing missing is the goals, but his manager keeps starting him so there's a belief that it will come.

I think he would pair nicely with someone like David.

56 minutes ago, Shway said:

Good hold up play, wins aerial battles, the only thing missing is the goals, but his manager keeps starting him so there's a belief that it will come.

Sounds like we should try him at CB!

13 hours ago, Shway said:

Sounds a bit like Marcus Haber.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, Shway said:

Game-tying assist at 2:37

Seems not too long ago we used to highly rate SPFL players.

Yeah. At what point does he go from afterthought to call up? He's still behind Ugbo who can't get a sniff, so maybe he needs to up his goal contributions? He's on the right track though.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Yeah. At what point does he go from afterthought to call up? He's still behind Ugbo who can't get a sniff, so maybe he needs to up his goal contributions? He's on the right track though.

He's horribly inconsistent.  He'll get a goal or assist and then do nothing for 10 games.  I think the talent is there, he just doesn't contribute often enough.