Theo Bair

On 4/20/2024 at 5:34 AM, dyslexic nam said:

No idea if he manages to crack our squad as a fringe player for the games coming up but I really hope we can find some way to get him involved in the next 6 months or so.   His play really does deserve some sort of acknowledgement and reward at the national level.   

I think it was a debate when we all assumed Cavallini was getting called (regardless of Cava's form).  But being dropped for the T&T game and not really doing much in Liga MX, it would be staggering if Bair isn't in the squad for the friendlies/Copa.  Could see him starting one of the friendlies (or at least getting a full half), more as a "we're quasi-resting either David/Larin for the Copa", though I think he'll mostly be a late-game sub for most of it.  Which would still be great.

Edited by Watchmen

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He has the technical ability and size. I don’t want to pretend to know what’s changed this year for him but whatever it is, if he can continue to put it together the sky really is the limit for a player with that profile.

I know exactly what it is. 
CONFIDENCE.

Looks like Theo is doing alright for himself.  This was picked up by some major soccer/sports accounts.  It’s looks like it was initially posted by what I’m assuming is his girlfriend.

https://x.com/sportbible/status/1783893949666472352

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6OzoZuIa0B/?igsh=aDFtNXM1cTVzeXhz

Edited by Corazon

On 4/20/2024 at 7:48 PM, Watchmen said:

I think it was a debate when we all assumed Cavallini was getting called (regardless of Cava's form).  But being dropped for the T&T game and not really doing much in Liga MX, it would be staggering if Bair isn't in the squad for the friendlies/Copa.  Could see him starting one of the friendlies (or at least getting a full half), more as a "we're quasi-resting either David/Larin for the Copa", though I think he'll mostly be a late-game sub for most of it.  Which would still be great.

Thing is, we'll probably go with Larin, David and one more as a pure striker. So it's either Bair, Ugbo, then there's Oluwaseyi if he's hot in MLS, there could always be another face brought in. For me it is a bit of a casting over the next 5 weeks in their respective leagues. 

I don't think we'll take 4 pure strikers because we can get goals from wingers, Davies, Tajon, Millar, who we won't leave off. But since Biello played 3 together last match, if he's our coach I could imagine going with 4 strikers. 

2 hours ago, Corazon said:

Looks like Theo is doing alright for himself.  This was picked up by some major soccer/sports accounts.  It’s looks like it was initially posted by what I’m assuming is his girlfriend.

https://x.com/sportbible/status/1783893949666472352

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6OzoZuIa0B/?igsh=aDFtNXM1cTVzeXhz

His girlfriend is more than alright.  (Though someone needs to tell her Theo hasn't played for the Whitecaps in 2 years.)

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Just a question, I am regularly updating the Total Goals by League thread here

...and am not sure if these relegation or promotion playoffs, or rounds, should count as league goals. And if not, what status do they have as goals (what competition?).

I can’t see them being anything other than league goals as it is still league play.  Would be similar if Alistair Johnston had scored today for Celtic.

3 hours ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Gorgeous:

Great run to free up space. His movement dictated that cross. This goal really shows his growth and confidence this season. I don’t think he puts himself in that position to score in previous years. Nice finish too! What a year he’s had.

With Bair, JRR, and Tani all on heaters, striker is maybe our deepest position at the moment.

Edited by FC_Hali