Theo Bair

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This week they've played 3 matches, and are now 6 points clear at the top of the Norway 2nd tier. Theo hasn't scored but has played.

Vs. Jerv last weekend, Theo started and played 75, they won 3-1.

Midweek they beat Sandnes also 3-1, he subbed off m. 60. Today they drew Aalesund (a lovely town rebuilt all art nouveau after a fire in the early 20th C) away 1-1, he came on for the last 10 minutes. 

So he is not scoring, but have no idea how he's playing. As I say, they are 6 points up on the 2nd place team, Aalesund, and seven clear of Jerv for direct promotion to top flight, with 8 games left.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 4 weeks later...

Even if he is not scoring, he is starting regularly. For the best team in Norway 2nd tier. So I think we'd have to see how he is being played to understand what the coach sees in him. Also notice he is not on the assists when they do score. So I really do not know. 

They have 4 games left, and are 7 points ahead of third place team, so 2 wins gives them automatic promotion. They play next week, then there is the international break for them (oddly, unless that is for something else), then they end the last two weeks of November. I like that Norway ends in November like the CPL.

They got a late goal and won 0-1, are officially an Eliteserien team. 

The HamKam twitter feed seems to have him with a few good chances first half:

"17’ Bair med ny stor sjanse. Header rett utenfor. Ligger scoring i lufta nå!!"

17 'Bair with another great chance. 
Header right outside. Is scoring in 
the air now !!
Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Was reading about HamKam, who are expecting a big reception of hometown fans this evening. They are the elevator team of Norway, since 1969 when they first went up to top flight, they have relegated 10 and promoted 12 times. This is their first time back in Eliteserien in 14 years. If you can use your Google translation this is an interesting article

https://www.hamkam.no/nyheter/vi-kommer-alltid-tilbake

10 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Nice to see Bair part of the promotion, I do wonder if HamKam buy him though. His scoring record all things considered wasn't very good and in theory it would be worse in a better league.

Not convinced the Caps are completely done with him. Besides Brian White, we’re not overflowing with strikers (or height). Cav has been underwhelming, Ricketts is 34 years old. Bair showed flashes and he’s still only 22. With little depth, and a new manager (Vanni or someone else), there is every opportunity for him to be a contributor next season. That said, he may feel like he needs to be starting somewhere, which is understandable. 

3 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Not convinced the Caps are completely done with him.

You never know but I just don't see it.  If Schuster felt he was part of the bigger picture going forward, he should really have been seeing time off the bench this year.

I think he is in a good spot right now whete he is and hopefully he can turn this into a transfer to this club.

2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

You never know but I just don't see it.  If Schuster felt he was part of the bigger picture going forward, he should really have been seeing time off the bench this year.

I think he is in a good spot right now whete he is and hopefully he can turn this into a transfer to this club.

A lot of it will depend on what they do with Cav. If his money comes off the books then I tend to agree with you. Bair is expendable if we have the money to bring in better depth. But if Cav is still there with his DP salary next year, they’ll opt for cheap depth at striker (because Whitecaps). Bair offers cheap depth while also not using up an international spot. 

Whether he’s capable of performing at MLS level is the open question. Small sample size says “ehhh maybe”. 1 goal in 339 minutes in 2020, which is still better than Cav’s s strike rate this year. He didn’t score much in Norway, but we don’t know how well he played.

Whatever happens, at least we’ll always have Portland.

On 11/6/2021 at 12:49 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Was reading about HamKam, who are expecting a big reception of hometown fans this evening. They are the elevator team of Norway, since 1969 when they first went up to top flight, they have relegated 10 and promoted 12 times. This is their first time back in Eliteserien in 14 years. If you can use your Google translation this is an interesting article

https://www.hamkam.no/nyheter/vi-kommer-alltid-tilbake

I’ve been to Hamar where HamKam is located and is on the road up to Lillehammer, very scenic town.  It’s not a huge club but will have a better budget in Eliteserien than a few already in there now.  Suspect they will struggle next season but it would be a good place for Bair to test himself.

Haven’t followed Theo Bair but I think Sartini can turn around his MLS career.  He made Tiebert effective, White lethal and Nerwinski actually playing great defence as a LB now.  I think Cavallini is gone for many reasons and one of them is he’s not getting alot of minutes, his play has suffered and the man the brought him here (MDS) is no longer with the team.  Hopefully we get some money from him as his stock has fallen.  The worst is letting him go on a free, like the Caps did with Ali Adnan, after paying a few million for him.  I think with the Cavallini money we’ll need a backup AM, as Gauld next season will be fouled and hacked and we’ll need a backup AM for sure

Edited by nolbertos