Theo Bair

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Bair proving it wasn't just Whitecaps use of him that was holding him back.

Perhaps the CPL will be a (last) chance for Bair to find his scoring touch. I certainly wish him well, but he is not showing himself to be MLS quality. We all know that not all prospects can make the transition to higher levels.  

47 minutes ago, Stoppage Time said:

Perhaps the CPL will be a (last) chance for Bair to find his scoring touch. I certainly wish him well, but he is not showing himself to be MLS quality. We all know that not all prospects can make the transition to higher levels.  

I don't think he'll be back to the CPL for a bit.  I think it's more likely he drops down a level in Scotland first or heads over to Norway (where he did have a bit of success).  But I do think that the SPL was a good chance for him to show it wasn't just MDS or "playing out of position" as one poster insists that was holding him back, and he simply hasn't shown it.  Which is a shame.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

It probably helps keep him in the 18. I don't think it moves him back to the starting XI.

He really just competes for minutes with Stevie May. So if he showed well he may be back in contention for starting mins, worst case  maybe he gets 30 off the bench as opposed to 0-15 minutes he saw during the last month.

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Was listening but had to take a phone call and missed the goal.  Sounded like a few decent passes as well.

Thought I found the goal, but it was a video from the crowd of the players going back to the half way line after it.

From a paper

"The Canadian international finding the net with a sweetly struck shot from outside the box should be exactly the confidence boost he needs.

After signing in January, the weight is off Bair’s shoulders at last.

It will be intriguing to see what comes next."

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/3760378/4-st-johnstone-talking-points-kilmarnock-theo-bair/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

In the small world department, was back east visiting my sister in law and lots of family and we went up to Petawawa for a couple of days. Our host was talking about the principal at the high school on base back in the day, and how his grandson had just scored for his team in Scotland. I asked what team and the reply was 'a team in Perth'. I said 'Is his first name Theo??'. Indeed it was. Turns out his Dad played soccer with my brother in Nepean years ago.

• 3 months later...