Derek Cornelius

Grizzly

I don't know the exact name but I think he's using one of those muscle relaxers? That would be some odd looking walking boots if he did have surgery or something. 

Edit: Actually looks like it might be cryotherapy, they use the same sort of wrapping on the legs

Edited by Atlantic

• 4 weeks later...

It seems like he’s getting the “young player makes mistake, gets nailed to the bench for a month, while veteran does same mistake (Rose) nothing happens” treatment from MDS.  I also don’t see Veselinovic making less mistakes either.  Another case (like with TFC) where you’ve got a coach who’s run out of ideas falling back on his veteran bias.  It’s a shame because he looked great in Olympic qualifying and I thought he’d  continued to grow this year if given a chance.  

25 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

If we are going off the body of work this year, he hasn't really gotten much of a chance for Vancouver. He looked great for Canada.

It seems to happen when he comes off the bench though. There's no fatigue, it's just naivity and ball watching, and that makes me worried for him.   

3 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

It seems to happen when he comes off the bench though. There's no fatigue, it's just naivity and ball watching, and that makes me worried for him.   

Not making excuses for him, but it’s tough for a CB to be subbed into the game and be the difference. Especially when the game isn’t going well defensively already.

49 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

If we are going off the body of work this year, he hasn't really gotten much of a chance for Vancouver. He looked great for Canada.

Unless there is a change of coach, he needs to move on.  If he underachieves elsewhere, then I'll certainly consider that in his body of work.  As I posted last year, he always seemed to get the quick hook while the other two were afforded consecutive starts after similar gaffes and underwhelming performances. 

I've had enough of "coach on the field" as Godoy's partner.  

7 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is it too much to hope for this to be one of the bigger teams?

I mean, he's a 24 year old 13-time capped Canada international, with experience in the Serbian top flight (small club, but still) and 35 MLS league games under his belt.

That's not nothing, but is it enough for a club like PAOK or Olympiacos? I am not sure...

Olympiacos would be surprising, but consistent playing time at any of the bigger Greek teams would not be a bad move

26 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Is it too much to hope for this to be one of the bigger teams?

I mean, he's a 24 year old 13-time capped Canada international, with experience in the Serbian top flight (small club, but still) and 35 MLS league games under his belt.

That's not nothing, but is it enough for a club like PAOK or Olympiacos? I am not sure...

Olympiacos / PAOK are really good teams. They could play in top 5 leagues - Cornelius isn't there. Probably a Lamia-type move, like James.