Derek Cornelius

Grizzly

55 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

Hopefully this a good move for him!

Wondering if Herdman put some sort of bug in Dos Santos' ear about him or had anything to do with the move? Somehow I think Herdman is following his players and their clubs much more closely than Zambrano and Floro did.

Herdman has directly credited services such as TransferMarkt, Wyscout, InStat and social media accounts such as Canucks Abroad with helping him and his staff throughout his tenure so far. This is certainly more progressive than any other manager that we have had.

1 hour ago, nolando said:

How compatible do people see Cornelius with Henry? We could well have our national team pairing playing together at club level for the forseeable future. Has this EVER happened?

I believe they played together in the nations league against Dominica. Not the strongest of opposition, but they did look good together. 

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

This is awesome.  3 games for the national team and things change in a hurry - that’s the way it hasn’t been in the past but it should be moving forward.  I don’t think another manager in Canada would try this, certainly not Vanney.  I think it’s going to pay off for MDS. 

Vanney wouldn't dare sign another CB his nephew is already down on the depth chart 

Henry is the only other CB they have right now, right? Obviously they're going to have to sign a few more but it looks like Cornelius has a chance to grab the starting spot. 

I may have to secretly cheer for the Whitecaps this year, last year I watched most games but only cared about Davies. The starting XI is looking pretty Canadian right now, though we thought the Limpact would play a bunch last year and Piette was the only regular starter so who knows. 

Absolutely stoked that Cornelius is coming home and that I can watch Phonzie playing for Bayern Munich.  Had to cancel BEIN and pick up SNWorld to ensure more Junior and Davies games are seen at the expense of La Liga and Ligue 1.  Being able to watch our players on cable instead of dodgy internet streams is fantastic and with the CPL starting we will hopefully be watching tons of Canadian content each and every week.  Perhaps as more Canadians make their marks and the CPL gets off to a strong start, the National Men's Team might actually play a televised game during a FIFA window that isn't Nations League.  Here's hoping.

18 hours ago, Jith12 said:

Herdman has directly credited services such as TransferMarkt, Wyscout, InStat and social media accounts such as Canucks Abroad with helping him and his staff throughout his tenure so far. This is certainly more progressive than any other manager that we have had.

Says who? Are you saying other managers haven't used these avenues at their disposal?

I've spoken with previous managers and those in the youth program who have said otherwise.

23 hours ago, Jith12 said:

I’ve heard Floro still talks to contacts and has a landline - the dinosaur. 

9 hours ago, Bdog said:

Henry is the only other CB they have right now, right? Obviously they're going to have to sign a few more but it looks like Cornelius has a chance to grab the starting spot. 

They drafted a college CB in a later round in the draft. More of a depth guy than anything. So at the moment, Henry and Cornelius are 1-2 on the depth chart. They will surely bring in one or two more CBs.

53 minutes ago, masster said:

Didn't realise he only switched to the back in 2017 - it's an amazing rise, really!