Liam Millar

Northvansteve

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Fingers crossed he’ll be coming to London next round. I’ve already got my ticket for whoever West Ham draw. 

2 wins 2 draws and a loss since the the new manager not the best really especially for a club like Basel....

yeah hes just got to keep working hard and get back in the team..unfortunatly its part of football...everyone sees the happy easy side... no one ever sees the hardship the struggles and the ups and downs... he will get through it...

Next game Wednesday...

Lol!!! Liam gave another ex teammate come from Liverpool the Scottish left back Gallagher…!?  a whole list of places to see in Toronto … before he went to TFC on Loan!! 
Raoul was one of Liams good friends at Basel. He’s a really good tough hard working player … do well at TFC I think…

Edited by spitfire

Played Rwb for 88 mins in an important 1-0 win again after a shaky start out of position settled and played like a lion again (imho) ran and ran and ran … will be sore tomorrow… so happy for him!! FC Basel in 4th for now some how!!’

Brataslava mid week now round of 16 Europa Conference league!!

sorry for gushing  just hard to explain how helpless u feel when things aren’t going great for your lad and happy it’s turning around…hard work always pays off …

Edited by spitfire

17 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Played Rwb for 88 mins in an important 1-0 win again after a shaky start out of position settled and played like a lion again (imho) ran and ran and ran … will be sore tomorrow… so happy for him!! FC Basel in 4th for now some how!!’

Brataslava mid week now round of 16 Europa Conference league!!

sorry for gushing  just hard to explain how helpless u feel when things aren’t going great for your lad and happy it’s turning around…hard work always pays off …

I am super invested in the success (or not) of my youngest son playing some pretty middling “A” level bball in intermediate school.  I can only imagine the level of emotional investment you have after the work required for Liam to get to this level. 

36 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Hey Spitfire, if this is too meddling just disregard.  But I was wondering, did the men have single rooms during WCQ trips?  Seems to me I've heard the guys talk about "roomies".  

Not spitfire but I know they had roomies in the past but not during the last cycle due to COVID concerns. Whether they go back to roomies post pandemic remains to be seen

On 3/4/2023 at 1:58 PM, dyslexic nam said:

I am super invested in the success (or not) of my youngest son playing some pretty middling “A” level bball in intermediate school.  I can only imagine the level of emotional investment you have after the work required for Liam to get to this level. 

I am super invested in whether or not my 17-year old son has a good hair day. (So much depends on a good hair day, turns out.)  Love it when hard work, pluck, and patience pays off for good people. Keep at it, Liam.

1 minute ago, spitfire said:

yeah I don't really know what to say..its one thing to say he's in and out of form but atm hes just not playing...feels a bit like Larin at Brugges...I'm a bit speechless... and feel helpless

Happy to be in the quarter finals... some big teams there..

Still hoping he gets drawn against West Ham as it looks like they will go though.