Liam Millar

Northvansteve

12 minutes ago, spitfire said:

yeah I don't really know what to say..its one thing to say he's in and out of form but atm hes just not playing...feels a bit like Larin at Brugges...I'm a bit speechless... and feel helpless

Happy to be in the quarter finals... some big teams there..

#freeliam 

Tough to read this. I know how much you wear your heart on your sleeve when it comes to your son's career. I can tell it's tough on both father and son.

I believe things will turn around with time. Liam's too talented not to get another shot eventually. Nice to hear they got they got through to the QF. Big step for Basel and Liam even if minutes have been hard to come by.

32 minutes ago, spitfire said:

yeah I don't really know what to say..its one thing to say he's in and out of form but atm hes just not playing...feels a bit like Larin at Brugges...I'm a bit speechless... and feel helpless

Happy to be in the quarter finals... some big teams there..

#freeliam 

Hope other teams are looking at him, it’s a shame to see the season he’s having especially with Basel as a whole not being too hot. Reminds me even of when David went cold at Lille last year, but in a slightly new scenario, he’s having his best season ever now. I think a lot of good teams could use a player like him.

#freeliam

Looks like the quater finalists will be:

Basel

Lech

Fiorentina

West Ham

Nice

Anderlecht

AZ 

Gent

Some good teams here. Could have been even stronger if Lazio and Villarreal never went out. On the surface of things Basel may want to draw Lech, but they cruised to a 5-0 aggegate win. AZ could provide a concacaf showdown between Millar and Djordie Mihailovic, who was apparently absent from today's triumph over the Serie A side.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Basel have drawn Nice.

If they advance they will play Lech Poznan or Fiorentina

Nice are probably a middle-of-the-road draw for Basel. No easy games at this stage, though.

I think him and Davies are the only two Canadians left in UEFA competition, unless I am forgetting someone. Eustaquio/Porto are out. Buchanan/Brugge are out. David, Larin, Adekugbe and Johnston never had the chance. Ditto Hutchinson at Besiktas.  

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Nice are probably a middle-of-the-road draw for Basel. No easy games at this stage, though.

I think him and Davies are the only two Canadians left in UEFA competition, unless I am forgetting someone. Eustaquio/Porto are out. Buchanan/Brugge are out. David, Larin, Adekugbe and Johnston never had the chance. Ditto Hutchinson at Besiktas.  

I was hoping West Ham avoided Nice, so not wild about that for Basel. But sets up a West Ham - Basel final, hopefully Liam's manager will see the light by then.

On a side note, Gent are such different team from David's time there.  Looked and I think recognised three regulars.

Played the 2nd half...did really well back to himslf running at players and having a shot cleared off the line...yes in a 3-0 but YB is miles ahead of everyone 20 point gap between YB and FCB...

Glad to see him back playing his way again...a step in the right direction..

https://twitter.com/FC_Basel_en/status/1637505987178364931?s=20

Edited by spitfire

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2023 at 5:55 PM, spitfire said:

Hilights in German sorry lol

That's very Canadian of you; an apology for the highlights being in German when he is at a football club in a Swiss-German speaking city. :D That's to be expected!

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Liam starts in the Swiss national Cup Semi finals Vs Young Boys

Young Boys is such a good team. Obviously a rough start for Basel, but let's see if they can climb their way back into it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Haven’t watched, but looks like he’s having a really productive game?

I’ve been switching back and forth between Rosenberg and Basel games and Millar has looked fairly good as well.  Basel have done a good job against the top club in Switzerland.