Liam Millar

Northvansteve

10 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Still hoping that Basel meet West Ham at some point in the competition. 

Definitely in the final. 

14 hours ago, Corazon said:

Roma won today against Ludogorets, therefore passing them by 3 points.  Before today, I believe Ludogorets had the tie breaker between the two of them.  Braga might be the next best club demoted to Conference League besides Lazio based on current form.

Roma were drawing when I had last checked before writing that.  

Next round's draw on Monday

image.png.ede2750f88d747578ef4306895d9c87d.png

They play off to meet

FgrdFxnWQAAddKn?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Definitely in the final. 

Roma were drawing when I had last checked before writing that.  

Next round's draw on Monday

image.png.ede2750f88d747578ef4306895d9c87d.png

They play off to meet

FgrdFxnWQAAddKn?format=jpg&name=medium

I have been harsh on Basel recently for declining from where I believe they should be, but when I look at the other runners up, such as Fiorentina, Gent, Anderlecht, and even Partizan, I question whether I was being a little too harsh. Basel had a relatively easy group, and I expected them to top it, but that is some good company being amongst those names in the runners-up section.

Good to see them advance and hopefully they go on a cup run. Looking at the potential opponents, I would like to think Basel would only be in tough against Lazio and maybe Braga and Trabzonspor. The rest I think Basel should realistically be able to go toe-to-toe with. 

Played last 30 vs Grasshopper lost 1-0...Basel just couldn't score had 22 shots in the game, 21 corners...Liam a real spark when he came in but the ball wouldn't go in... had 4/5 really good deliveries into the box...

Onward and upward...

https://twitter.com/FC_Basel_en/status/1591542987158392836?s=20&t=F7KJ9gWiube9s7Bijqu26A

• 1 month later...

They played 2x30 min halves(2 games with 2 different squads) 

Liam scored early but was called back on a very marginal(var!?!?) offside call. Good finish though. Good to get mins in legs after a layoff since the wc…

preseason… next Dortmund Wednesday…

Topic of one lol!!

Edited by spitfire
🤣

Cool, I think that is the new stadium of Linense in construction, in La Linea de la Concepción, which is the Spanish city bordering on Gibraltar. Literally a few hundred metres from the "border", which is virtually the airstrip, and nearly on the beach. 

I had never heard of teams doing preseasons or stages down there, though some of the premium golf courses in Spain are about 5-10 km north.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, spitfire said:

@Shway if u only knew… 

Guess that sounds like @sandman statement is true.

I was confused because we rarely see players go from Swiss league to Prem league if the given player isn’t crushing it or they are teenagers. 

But anyway I’m hoping he opens his account this second half of the season.

45 minutes ago, Shway said:

Guess that sounds like @sandman statement is true.

I was confused because we rarely see players go from Swiss league to Prem league if the given player isn’t crushing it or they are teenagers. 

But anyway I’m hoping he opens his account this second half of the season.

That’s not true loads of players come from the Swiss super league…Wilfriend Gnonto to Leeds is the most recent … from Zurich last year…