Liam Millar

Northvansteve

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Treppy2 said:

I know there's no room for sentimentality when it comes to preparing for a World Cup, but I'm just a bit sad that Liam didn't make it onto the pitch on his birthday and that @spitfire didn't get to see him play in person today.

I wonder if he's done enough to make the final 26.

Obs would have loved to see him see the field today but so happy just to see him and my amazing granddaughter at the game on his bday … 

Its a privilege even to be called up to the national team and be involved in history for Canadian soccer.
My message to him is clear. Stay focused do your job at the club level and hope he gets on that plane!! happy he saw mins Vs Qatar and thought he did really well!!

thanks for the comment !!

25 minutes ago, jhoops__ said:

Liam will be on the plane!   We need his tenacious play in Qatar…

I have wanted him in late on in a number of games where we wanted to hold the score line.  His pace on the press and willingness to work is vital in a forward position.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a tough start to this game game on for an injured player at 42mins and gave up a very soft penalty just before half-time Basel went down 3-1 before battling back to a 3-3 draw. Liam did well defensively but still looking to find that goal scoring form atm (I’m honest sorry) but still doing well and getting good mind in Europa night games!! It will come!!