Liam Fraser

shamrock

6 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

Fraser couldn’t play ahead of f’n Delgado. Delbado is a turnover machine and I can’t believe he held back Oso, Liam, and the rest of the young midfielders.  Oh but he has a great engine...  what a load of crap.

When I said that, I meant that as that’s all he has.

Wasn’t directed at you Shway!  That’s all you ever hear about Delgado, but his skills are shite.  He gives the ball away about 10 times a game and makes passes that put his teammates in positions where they lose the ball a few more. And he has almost zero offensive skill.  Vanney had a relationship with him, hopefully Armas sees him for what he is and his playing time decreases significantly.  Great time to pull him at half and get Soltado on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

Liam Fraser is in the starting lineup for Columbus tonight. MLS site show him playing as a CB.

It seems like Fraser is getting decent playing time at the Crew.

Has anybody watched him play CB instead of midfield?

Is this the first match where he has played there?

https://www.columbuscrew.com/news/starting-xi-a-look-at-tonight-s-lineup-vs-atlanta-united

Anybody have any thoughts?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

27 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It seems like Fraser us getting decent playing time at the Crew.

Has anybody watched him play CB instead if midfield?

Is this the first match where he has played there?

https://www.columbuscrew.com/news/starting-xi-a-look-at-tonight-s-lineup-vs-atlanta-united

Anybody have any thoughts?

According to whoscored this was his first start at CB for Columbus.

Didn't see any of the match but his game stats look solid with 5 clearances, 1 interception, 2 tackles and a 94.5% pass completion rate.

4 hours ago, An Observer said:

Maybe he can become our RCB depth to keep Henry off the field. Doubt that happens for the start of qualifying though. 

I'm curious as to whether this was just a temporary move to CB because of absences or if Porter wants to give this pairing with Mensah a good look going forward.  If the latter and it turns out to be a successful move, then that might become a plus for our program.

He’s a f

1 hour ago, Norrin Radd said:

I hope the loan becomes a transfer and he doesn't return to TFC. He's getting his chance at Columbus and he should stay there.

hes a free agent at seasons end, so either TFC trade his rights or he moves abroad. His time there is over.

Its great to see him getting minutes and trust on a better team, when TFC let the guy rot for years. Proves we aren’t  just biased canmnt fanboys, but it was indeed obvious his benching and lack of development was idiotic.

All the younglings at TFC have to be looking at this. TFC isn’t doing themselves any favours for the future. Really hope Rutty, Dunn, Romeo, Okello, etc get out of there quick. It’s obvious this won’t change any time soon.

51 minutes ago, costarg said:

Its great to see him getting minutes and trust on a better team, when TFC let the guy rot for years. Proves we aren’t  just biased canmnt fanboys, but it was indeed obvious his benching and lack of development was idiotic.

All the younglings at TFC have to be looking at this. TFC isn’t doing themselves any favours for the future. Really hope Rutty, Dunn, Romeo, Okello, etc get out of there quick. It’s obvious this won’t change any time soon.

Thats the sad thing as a TFC fan. I wanna see the kids come up and play with us, start and win trophies etc. But this team has been awful over the years getting these kids minutes. Heck even Priso in some way has deserved way more minutes this season but keeps finding himself starting on the bench behind players who are playing like crap. I mean im not exactly a big fan of Dunn or Romeo but its crazy they don't even get a sniff when you look at the disaster that is our cb's. Okello is 21 and is on the same path as Fraser, at this age you should have way more minutes under your name and he has virtually nothing.

Nelson is too good for usl-1 but perez pretty much says he's not ready for MLS, i fear he'll be another case of a player that gets older with no minutes. Rutty has been on the bench but i can't imagine him actually getting a lot of playing time. The other problem too is that any good offensive player coming up will always have to compete with DP's making it even harder to see any significant minutes. I mean we aren't sitting Pozuelo or Soteldo, once altidore goes were gonna end up signing another dp striker anyways, so that's almost all of the offensive spots taken already. Kids should really think about whether or not it's best to try to fight for a spot for years and years with little minutes or take a chance and move somewhere else.

41 minutes ago, CanadaSantos said:

Thats the sad thing as a TFC fan. I wanna see the kids come up and play with us, start and win trophies etc. But this team has been awful over the years getting these kids minutes. Heck even Priso in some way has deserved way more minutes this season but keeps finding himself starting on the bench behind players who are playing like crap. I mean im not exactly a big fan of Dunn or Romeo but its crazy they don't even get a sniff when you look at the disaster that is our cb's. Okello is 21 and is on the same path as Fraser, at this age you should have way more minutes under your name and he has virtually nothing.

Nelson is too good for usl-1 but perez pretty much says he's not ready for MLS, i fear he'll be another case of a player that gets older with no minutes. Rutty has been on the bench but i can't imagine him actually getting a lot of playing time. The other problem too is that any good offensive player coming up will always have to compete with DP's making it even harder to see any significant minutes. I mean we aren't sitting Pozuelo or Soteldo, once altidore goes were gonna end up signing another dp striker anyways, so that's almost all of the offensive spots taken already. Kids should really think about whether or not it's best to try to fight for a spot for years and years with little minutes or take a chance and move somewhere else.

Agreed I’m concerned for the youth, no minutes and no progression.

other teams have played their homegrown at 16…. At a point throw the in the water already.

17 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Agreed I’m concerned for the youth, no minutes and no progression.

other teams have played their homegrown at 16…. At a point throw the in the water already.

Liam Fraser played 33 games for TFC, he wasn't exactly rotting on the bench. Marshall-Rutty played as a 16 year old. Ralph Priso as a teenager is playing regularly this season. I would love for them to play their youth even more but let's not make things up.

6 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

Liam Fraser played 33 games for TFC, he wasn't exactly rotting on the bench. Marshall-Rutty played as a 16 year old. Ralph Priso as a teenager is playing regularly this season. I would love for them to play their youth even more but let's not make things up.

33 games is nothing for a player his age….

Pedri played 72 games was it at 19 ?

Priso has 28 games at 19, not great but not terrible….

Rutty played once for the men and has 11 pro appearances in 3 years under contract ?

21 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

You’re cherry-picking stats. Try checking to see how many minutes he got in those 33 games. Even at that 33 games, at his age is nothing. It takes several games in a row to develop and build confidence. 

What are you defending exactly? TFC track record with the kids? TFC management and squad selection? Playing Bradley, Altidore and Gonzo over the academy kids?

56 minutes ago, RS said:

He's still 18, but he's also one of the best teenagers in the world.

He’s probably the best but if he can get 72 looks can we not try to give more looks ? Surely he’s not the only 18 year old that can play in a men’s league.

1 minute ago, narduch said:

The big indictment for TFC with respect to Fraser is the fact that they have the worst record in MLS but a player they deem excess is good enough for the MLS Champs.

There is no way to sugar coat that. It makes TFC look bad.

They can’t seem to properly evaluate Talent.

Just now, Dominic94 said:

He’s probably the best but if he can get 72 looks can we not try to give more looks ? Surely he’s not the only 18 year old that can play in a men’s league.

I'm not debating that point, just saying it's not exactly a fair comparison given who Pedri is. 

It's probably better to compare within MLS.