Liam Fraser

shamrock

16 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Won't be surprised if he never suits up for TFC again. With Okello and Priso there's too much competition.

Sign said as much, this is it.

the midfield is too crowded, Okello, Oso, Bradley, Delon, Delgado and Priso for 2 spots.

Atleast TFC is finally taking youth development seriously. I’d imagine another midfielder will be moved out as the rotation seems to be Bradley, Oso, Priso, Delgado and Okello

4 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

meh I rather have DeLeon gone. Can't stand that prick.

He's an American utility player taking minutes from Canadians...but that in itself isn't "prick" worthy.

Perhaps you can't stand him because of his views on vaccines and medications? He got a lot of hate from that a few weeks back.

Pretty weird thing to hate someone for IMO, but that's 2021 for you. He has some pretty big balls to come out and say what he did, I'll tell you that. 

16 minutes ago, yomurphy1 said:

What did he do to you? He's a serviceable player who can play a number of positions relatively well. There's always room for that on a team. 

I really like how his game has evolved with age, actually. He's definitely serviceable and scored some big goals for Toronto. You don't want to rely on him as a starter, but he can have an impact off the bench, he's not a big cap hit, and seems to fit in well with the squad. Has been with the team through some big moments. Very much in the Justin Morrow category for me, actually. He's a keep in my opinion. 

General (probably unpopular) comment: I know we are Canadian supporters first and foremost, but the whole hating on American TFC players schtick is getting pretty old. Some of the opinions on players like Delgado and DeLeon are so out-of-touch. Zavaleta is in that category as well, in fact. I mean, he's on (or was on) a salary too large for his contribution, no argument there, but played in some big games for the club and is more serviceable than we let on, but you would think he's hot garbage and wouldn't make the bench in the CPL the way we talk about him sometimes.

Anyways, rant over. :)

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He's an American utility player taking minutes from Canadians...but that in itself isn't "prick" worthy.

Perhaps you can't stand him because of his views on vaccines and medications? He got a lot of hate from that a few weeks back.

Pretty weird thing to hate someone for IMO, but that's 2021 for you. He has some pretty big balls to come out and say what he did, I'll tell you that. 

nah, don't hate the guy, he isn't worth hating. And not, not unusual at all to dislike someone for being a selfish asshat (i.e. a squad had 10+ other people). And it certainly doesn't take big balls to be an utter idiot either. But that's just part of it.

Edited by LeoH037

1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

nah, don't hate the guy, he isn't worth hating. And not, not unusual at all to dislike someone for being a selfish asshat (i.e. a squad had 10+ other people). And it certainly doesn't take big balls to be an utter idiot either. But that's just part of it.

haha sure you don't hate him, that's why you went out of your way to call him a prick lol. All because he's "selfish" (in your opinion) for not putting things in "his" body he disagrees with. Let the man live bro!

He also picked up quite a few assists, truth be told, so perhaps not as selfish as you think ;)

Just now, sebdeserio said:

Deleon is a runner that can sometimes (not often) contribute offensively. Doesn't bring much and hopefully as the season goes his play time diminishes in favour of the kids.

I would say Schaffleburg is more of a runner than DeLeon. Nick doesn't have the legs he use to in his younger says with DC united. That's why he plays more central now as opposed to out wide like he did with DC. He's evolved by adding some cleverness to his game. 

Still, I hope guys like Okello and Rutty can push him out of the team. Same with Endoh. 

2 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I would say Schaffleburg is more of a runner than DeLeon. Nick doesn't have the legs he use to in his younger says with DC united. That's why he plays more central now as opposed to out wide like he did with DC. He's evolved by adding some cleverness to his game. 

Still, I hope guys like Okello and Rutty can push him out of the team. Same with Endoh. 

I'd say Shaff's a sprinter Deleon more of runner in the sense that he's good to sub on because of his higher workrates

On 4/30/2021 at 1:13 PM, Obinna said:

haha sure you don't hate him, that's why you went out of your way to call him a prick lol. All because he's "selfish" (in your opinion) for not putting things in "his" body he disagrees with. Let the man live bro!

He also picked up quite a few assists, truth be told, so perhaps not as selfish as you think ;)

Okay.

1. Im not your "bro"

2. Figure it was as good a time as any to bring up a player I wish was gone while finding myself in a thread about a player currently leaving.

3. Yeah you're not funny

4. I don't much care for the public health opinion from a guy who's job is to kick a ball. Yes, one must be a complete idiot to be an anti vaxxer in this day and age. (No wonder he seems to take forever to come back from injuries, seeing medicine is not something he believes in)

Edited by LeoH037

For the record, I definitely think a bunch of people are pricks without hating them.  And personally, I don't like Deleon because he's a selfish player on the field.  Watch him with the ball.  He'll pick his head up, look around and see two or three open players and then decide to take it himself.  He doesn't have the pedigree or the skill to get away with that. 

Plays a lot like Ikone and I think he's a prick too.

Has nothing to do with his personal choices, so there's no need to try to make that into a story (again).

36 minutes ago, gator said:

I like this move for Fraser, if he is good enough he will play, that's all a player can ask, he wasn't good enough for Vanney and now the midfield is very crowded, I see a good player there and this is his chance to potentially prove it!

I hope you're right. I see a good player in Fraser as well. It was mentioned he may be brought in as cover for another midfield player. Considering the Crew and TFC have done business before, I am guessing a successful loan could lead to a trade, which would probably be the best case scenario for Fraser. This may be a high risk, high reward situation for him. 

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

For the record, I definitely think a bunch of people are pricks without hating them.  And personally, I don't like Deleon because he's a selfish player on the field.  Watch him with the ball.  He'll pick his head up, look around and see two or three open players and then decide to take it himself.  He doesn't have the pedigree or the skill to get away with that. 

Plays a lot like Ikone and I think he's a prick too.

Has nothing to do with his personal choices, so there's no need to try to make that into a story (again).

DeLeon is definitely not a selfish player, especially in the way is Ikone, so that comparison falls flat.

There are many, many players I would consider selfish before DeLeon, that's not his game. In all my times on these boards I never encountered anyone complaining about DeLeon being selfish (until now). It is not often he turns over the ball because he holds it for to long. If anything, he chooses the right times to hold on to the ball, despite having open players around him. That's not selfish, that's smart. That's what I meant about how he's become cleaver over the years.

His decision making is actually a strength, not a weakness. That's where players like Ikone need to improve. 

58 minutes ago, gator said:

I like this move for Fraser, if he is good enough he will play, that's all a player can ask, he wasn't good enough for Vanney and now the midfield is very crowded, I see a good player there and this is his chance to potentially prove it!

It could be a good move for him, its a depressing move for TFC fans since it means we're more likely to be stuck with Bradley playing every minute unless he gets injured. Okello & Priso are fine to play alongside a slower ball distributor, but Fraser was really the heir apparent to Bradley who is becoming an increasing liability with every match.

I believe Fraser would be cup-tied for Columbus' CCL play, assuming he is loaned to them and Columbus makes it through (though they are in a much better position right now than TFC who need to somehow win 3-0 in Mexico with Bradley playing every minute).

14 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I disagree.

I'll certainly look for it the next time I watch TFC play. Maybe I'll see what you see, now that you've brought it to my attention.

His selfishness never jumped out at me like Ikone, who demonstrated that from the first moment I watched him play.