Liam Fraser

shamrock

Yes, there are quite a few good homegrowns in the league.

It's too early to write off TFC's development of the likes of Rutty, Nelson and the teenaged homegrowns, but the team definitely can/should be questioned regarding its usage of the older ones.

Akinola was on track to contribute a lot this year if not for his injuries, so the cupboard isn't completely bare.

On 8/7/2021 at 10:14 PM, Gian-Luca said:

He played CB for TFC once, IIRC

Yup against DC United and looked pretty good there too.

I've been asking for last few years for them to at least try him out as a CB if they're not gonna bench Bradley. But they insisted on Omar and Zava.

He used to play as a CB with tfc2 back in the day, it's not like he doesn't know how to play as a CB, not sure why they never truly bothered testing it out more.

40 minutes ago, RS said:

Yes, there are quite a few good homegrowns in the league.

It's too early to write off TFC's development of the likes of Rutty, Nelson and the teenaged homegrowns, but the team definitely can/should be questioned regarding its usage of the older ones.

Akinola was on track to contribute a lot this year if not for his injuries, so the cupboard isn't completely bare.

I think at point it’s a question of is the player actually not ready or is the team not ready ? You can’t play him 20 minutes and make that choice, he needs games and minutes to be assessed properly.

2 hours ago, RS said:

I'm not debating that point, just saying it's not exactly a fair comparison given who Pedri is. 

It's probably better to compare within MLS.

Just an aside: even Pedri was less effective after February, playing everything. He lacks attack and doesn't risk going for goal. He's amazing but sometimes a kid should rest and reset instead of playing that much. 

Normally no 18-year old can play with the men, but if u you have 2 conditions you can make it happen : a good deep youth academy; and the philosophy to play youth. A club philosophy, not a coach's caprice. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Montreal's really out here collecting CANMNT players like infinity stones 

Edit: noticed this account has like 4 followers, pls disregard unless it becomes true lmao

Perhaps they slot him in between Miller and Johnston as the central CB?  One can dream.  Missing the experience, yet I can see him in that role.   

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Piette's had links to Turkey in the past, perhaps he does want one last Euro journey.

Osorio mentioned wanting to go to Europe to keep his Canada place. I wonder if Piette has a similar view? 

If he could join Adekugbe at Hatayspor, who he was linked with, and who are still near the top of the Turkish table, it could secure his spot in the squad. 

• 3 weeks later...