Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

27 minutes ago, narduch said:

He's still got it!

2-0 up after 10 minutes and Atiba exuding his class and composure under the high press and orchestrating every pass by teammates to break it and build in attack. What a legend. His teams seems to be playing with the confidence that comes from having your MVP quarterback back on the field. 

1 minute ago, saintjoes said:

He's still got it!

2-0 up after 10 minutes and Atiba exuding his class and composure under the high press and orchestrating every pass by teammates to break it and build in attack. What a legend. His teams seems to be playing with the confidence that comes from having your MVP quarterback back on the field. 

To be fair its against a club in the 3rd tier

1 minute ago, narduch said:

To be fair its against a club in the 3rd tier

Good point. Though that makes it even more surprising that his teammates are following his lead so intently.. and after so much time not playing together. It shows his immense leadership ability that they immediately just hand him back the arm band and fall in line. 

Just now, saintjoes said:

Good point. Though that makes it even more surprising that his teammates are following his lead so intently.. and after so much time not playing together. It shows his immense leadership ability that they immediately just hand him back the arm band and fall in line. 

Its probably the perfect match for his come back match

Just now, narduch said:

Its probably the perfect match for his come back match

So our CM is in shambles... but what if it isnt. We have known for months that CM is going to have challenges and what if our team has worked timing backwards perfectly.

I think spoonys recovery is as amazing as can be expected. Starting vs rangers is unreal.

Atiba gets this match as a starter.... perfect first game back. Give him some minutes in the friendlys and his recovery may go as good as can be expected.

Oso starting to train... get him some sharpness in friendlys and maybe his timing works out decently. maybe not ideal but atiba staq kone piette or even hoillet can start the first game so Oso may have a few extra days to get back...

Davies getting a little break before the opening game of the WC could be a blessing.

MAK being out of season could be a bit of a reset. Hes away from TFC and in the CMNT environment where hes comfortable.... maybe the break from games leads to a more inform MAK even if his match fitness is slightly lower

Is it to optimistic to think things are going/exceeding the plan? 

25 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

So our CM is in shambles... but what if it isnt. We have known for months that CM is going to have challenges and what if our team has worked timing backwards perfectly.

I think spoonys recovery is as amazing as can be expected. Starting vs rangers is unreal.

Atiba gets this match as a starter.... perfect first game back. Give him some minutes in the friendlys and his recovery may go as good as can be expected.

Oso starting to train... get him some sharpness in friendlys and maybe his timing works out decently. maybe not ideal but atiba staq kone piette or even hoillet can start the first game so Oso may have a few extra days to get back...

Davies getting a little break before the opening game of the WC could be a blessing.

MAK being out of season could be a bit of a reset. Hes away from TFC and in the CMNT environment where hes comfortable.... maybe the break from games leads to a more inform MAK even if his match fitness is slightly lower

Is it to optimistic to think things are going/exceeding the plan? 

If Davies and Osorio are near full health by Canada's first match I'd suggest that Canada probably will have one of the healthiest rosters (ie: fewest preferred players missing) in Qatar. Without minimizing the absence of Crepeau, I'd imagine most of the 32 teams have someone more important than the backup keeper staying home.

Atiba playing nearly 70 mins is MASSIVE. Coach doesn't play him for charity or to simply give him mins. Didn't put a foot wrong, made some well-placed/weighted long-ish balls, got physical a number of times, and was generally just a boss. Just so pumped to see him out there and for how much this means heading into the WC. 

4 hours ago, jonovision said:

If Davies and Osorio are near full health by Canada's first match I'd suggest that Canada probably will have one of the healthiest rosters (ie: fewest preferred players missing) in Qatar. Without minimizing the absence of Crepeau, I'd imagine most of the 32 teams have someone more important than the backup keeper staying home.

Scott Kennedy gets up from his bed and smacks you across the head with his good arm and shoulder.

There was some comment about not starting Hutchinson against Belgium or Croatia because of his age and that he hasnt played much this year. I think right now playing Eustaquio and him together as a 2 man midfield with davies playing a bit of a rover makes sense. Hutchinson has Champions League experience against players of this calibre and i think that will go a long way for a team playing at this level for the first time.