Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

12 hours ago, Kent said:

It made me smile seeing Hutchinson subbed in for Eustaquio, and as Eustaquio arrived at the touchline to sub out, there was Vitoria arriving as well to give Hutch the armband. Just picturing the guy who was the captain for the first 70 minutes saying or thinking "Here you go Cap".

Definitely one of the loudest moments at the pub. Great to see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Shway said:

Atiba hasn’t played 90 minutes in total since the World Cup. 

At this point is he getting called up for the sake of it? Because at the rate he won’t be in match shape for NL.

It's over.  Time to move on.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Atiba hasn’t played 90 minutes in total since the World Cup. 

At this point is he getting called up for the sake of it? Because at the rate he won’t be in match shape for NL.

Would have been perfect for him to come back home prior to the NL. Opportunity missed all around.

1 hour ago, RJB said:

No way. Nations League, Gold Cup, and then we'll see. He gets to call time not us. 

Whose spot is he taking in June?  Because it's one thing to introduce new players, but for a semi final? 

I could see him on the bench, in the squad.  My bigger point is that he's not getting called in to start.  

7 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

I could see him on the bench, in the squad.  My bigger point is that he's not getting called in to start.  

I don't think he starts either, his presence in the squad I think is still important but his time is winding down, someone posted the GC match at BMO could possibly be a good send off!

Atiba will leave Beşiktaş at the end of the season.

The latest news is that he will not remain with the team on staff. Their director of football Ceyhun Kazancı speculated that he might finish the year in Canada.

https://www.hurriyet.com.tr/amp/sporarena/besiktasta-ceyhun-kazancidan-transfer-aciklamasi-en-az-4-oyuncu-alinacak-gidecek-isimler-42260711

7 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Atiba will leave Beşiktaş at the end of the season.

The latest news is that he will not remain with the team on staff. Their director of football Ceyhun Kazancı speculated that he might finish the year in Canada.

https://www.hurriyet.com.tr/amp/sporarena/besiktasta-ceyhun-kazancidan-transfer-aciklamasi-en-az-4-oyuncu-alinacak-gidecek-isimler-42260711

That does not sound like retirement... just yet.  I think the man wants some mother f@#$ing silverware this summer!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Turkey

Atiba Hutchinson came on in the 92nd minute.  Besiktas won a penalty and they gave it to Atiba, who was able to put it away to end the game 5-2.

A very nice gesture.

- - - -

On Wednesday it will be his final match with Beşiktaş. Since it is a home game, they will hold a small ceremony in his honour and present him with a plaque.

https://www.yenicaggazetesi.com.tr/service/amp/besiktastan-atibaya-ozel-veda-669238h.htm

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

So he is leaving or they aren’t resigning him ?

Both. His contract is now over and they won't sign him again.

- - - -

Also, it feels like a dick move by the coach not to sub him in stoppage time with the other player, and instead only use 4 subs for the game instead of the maximum of 5. He could have given Atiba a few minutes! C'mon!

5 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

- - - -

Also, it feels like a dick move by the coach not to sub him in stoppage time with the other player, and instead only use 4 subs for the game instead of the maximum of 5. He could have given Atiba a few minutes! C'mon!

Didn't they give him the late sub and a penalty just a few days ago?

14 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

- - - -

Seems clear he wasn’t rated at all this season. Hopefully he has enough left to give us a few more performances off the bench. 

14 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Didn't they give him the late sub and a penalty just a few days ago?

They did. But that one wasn't a home game. A plaque is nice but they could have given him a few final minutes in front of the home fans; a chance to clap for him as he enters the pitch one last time.

It would have cost them nothing. They literally made a single sub in stoppage time when they could have made a double sub instead.