Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

15 hours ago, Ansem said:

So...

Guess who's back?

There was never any doubt.  He never retired from Intl football, he's just managing minutes. 

Frankly its quite annoying when people assume he's done with CANMNT, just pulling this shit out of their arses.  Today he's still part of our best 11, regardless of if he showed up to the last camp and his age.  He's done when he says he's done. 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

4-2-3-1 has rarely looked this fine!

------------------Larin

------Davies-----Arfield-------David

--------Hutchinson----Eustaquio

Adekugbe--James--Vitoria--Laryea

-----------------Borjan

Very good starting 11. Agree that Arfield is our best number 10. I would put Davies at left back and either Hoilett or Buchanan at left wing. We would be just as good defensively and have more firepower.

Larin

Hoilett-David-Davies

Arfield-Hutchinson-Eustaquio

Vitoria-Henry-James

Borjan

Would this work? Three CB's and no Laryea sucks, but we have a lot of depth at midfield. David on the wing / sitting one of him, Atiba or Eustaquio is a weakened squad. 

It's hard picking a lineup right now as we have a lot of depth right now. 

Larin-David

Arfield

Davies-Eustaquio-Hutch-Laryea

Kennedy/Miller-Vitoria-Henry

Borjan

The lineup can switch between a 5-3-2 and a 4-2-3-1 which is why I included Kennedy or Miller since they both can play as LB. I'm not convinced with James yet so I left him out. Hoilett and Cavallini can come on as impact subs.

I am going with 

——————-Larin——————

———————Cav——————

Davies—-—David——Buchanan 

Arfield ———-Oso———-Hoilett

———-Hutch ——Eustaquio——-

Adekugbe ———————Laryea

——Vitoria —- Henry —-James——

———————Borjan——————-

The old 3-2-2-3-3-1-1

27 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am going with 

——————-Larin——————

———————Cav——————

Davies—-—David——Buchanan 

———-Hutch ——Eustaquio——-

Adekugbe ———————Laryea

———————Borjan——————-

The old 3-2-2-3-3-1-1

And MLS AllStar Kaye still can't get into the lineup! 

------------------David

-------Larin-----Arfield------Hoilett

--------Hutchinson----Eustaquio

--Davies---Vitoria---James---Laryea

-----------------Borjan 

4-2-3-1 that can easily shift to a 5-3-2/5-4-1 or 4-4-2

This is the lineup that I believe gives us the best combination of solidity and tactical flexibility. Atiba can drop back to move us to a 5 in the back, Larin can shift up to partner David, Arfield can shift left to play a defensive left winger role (as he did back in his Burnley days).

Larin        David

Arfield

Davies          Hutchison        Laryea

Eustaquio

Kennedy     Victoria    Cornelius

Borjan 

3-5-2 gets you best players on the field, and in the best positions. Davies, and Laryea are game changers, and allowing them free rains to bomb the sidelines is going to give teams fits. 

For me, Larin has added holding the ball up to his game, and is a decent passer. If he keeps this pace up till March, he’s in my starting 11 over Hoillett, and Cavallini. David is an auto starter. 

The midfield picks its self. All 3 of these guys are playing fantastic football right now, and will give headaches to any Concacaf team. 

The back 3 is interesting. First off, anyone who has Doniel Henry in their starting 11 needs to look up the word insanity up in the dictionary. Doesn’t matter if it was for Canada/TFC etc, he makes 1/2 huge blunders a game. YOU CAN NOT HAVE HIM OUT THERE! So who does that leave you? From what I’ve watched, Kennedy had pace, height, and good feet. If he gets a starting role before March, he’s an auto starter. Victoria in any 11 is starting because he is the least error prone out of the rest, and is solid in the air. If you have pace on either side of him, his lack of pace won’t be as noticeable. Can command a back line too. He was out their vs the USA when we shut them out. That leaves Cornelius, or James. James is very very aggressive, but it gets him in trouble, ala Henry. Cornelius is stuck on a shit Vancouver team, but defensively isn’t at fault a lot. His problem is he can’t pass. If you are ok with that, than he’s fine for your 3rd CB. 

Borjan is a no brainer. 

Leaves you with Osorio, Kaye, Cava, Hoilett as super subs. 

2 hours ago, ghostknownunknown said:

Have either of them ever played a professional match at wingback in a 5-back system?

Well Laryea has played a lot in a 4-3-3 system, which is very similar to a 3-5-2. A lot of the same role, and assignments. 

Davies has not, but he is a very good defender, and I think this position suits him the best. Give him the rains to attack, and he can make up for learning mistakes because of his speed. 

I truly believe these 2 guys attacking down the lines is going to be a treat for us, and the world to watch. 

3 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Larin        David

Arfield

Davies          Hutchison        Laryea

Eustaquio

Kennedy     Victoria    Cornelius

Borjan 

3-5-2 gets you best players on the field, and in the best positions. Davies, and Laryea are game changers, and allowing them free rains to bomb the sidelines is going to give teams fits. 

For me, Larin has added holding the ball up to his game, and is a decent passer. If he keeps this pace up till March, he’s in my starting 11 over Hoillett, and Cavallini. David is an auto starter. 

The midfield picks its self. All 3 of these guys are playing fantastic football right now, and will give headaches to any Concacaf team. 

The back 3 is interesting. First off, anyone who has Doniel Henry in their starting 11 needs to look up the word insanity up in the dictionary. Doesn’t matter if it was for Canada/TFC etc, he makes 1/2 huge blunders a game. YOU CAN NOT HAVE HIM OUT THERE! So who does that leave you? From what I’ve watched, Kennedy had pace, height, and good feet. If he gets a starting role before March, he’s an auto starter. Victoria in any 11 is starting because he is the least error prone out of the rest, and is solid in the air. If you have pace on either side of him, his lack of pace won’t be as noticeable. Can command a back line too. He was out their vs the USA when we shut them out. That leaves Cornelius, or James. James is very very aggressive, but it gets him in trouble, ala Henry. Cornelius is stuck on a shit Vancouver team, but defensively isn’t at fault a lot. His problem is he can’t pass. If you are ok with that, than he’s fine for your 3rd CB. 

Borjan is a no brainer. 

Leaves you with Osorio, Kaye, Cava, Hoilett as super subs. 

Would you consider dropping one of those backs for Juan Cordova?

21 minutes ago, Longrange said:

Would you consider dropping one of those backs for Juan Cordova?

Me personally, no. Davies for obvious reasons, but Richie Laryea, outside of Pozuelo, has been TFC’s best player all season. He has really developed into one the best fullbacks in the league. So much so that teams (Nashville especially), had to game plan around him. Over load on his side, so he’s have to beat 3 guys to get to the end line/box. 

if he has anyone season like last, O think we will starting hearing Europe calling, probably more so than Osorio did. 

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am going with 

——————-Larin——————

———————Cav——————

Davies—-—David——Buchanan 

———-Hutch ——Eustaquio——-

Adekugbe ———————Laryea

———————Borjan——————-

The old 3-2-2-3-3-1-1

I think with this lineup we definitely go to World Cup 2022. (if we can add Crepeau our chances are even better)😎

I'm moving this convo to the Hutchinson thread:

4 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I honestly don’t think Hutch will play for Canada again.  I know he seems to have the fountain of youth but let’s be honest.

I disagree; I'll take that bet. I'm not sure he will play another 6 games and surpass De Guzman for caps but I think we will see him again.

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Ohh wise one, please enlighten us, what do you base this on? 

Do you feel...Do you feel... Do you feel...Do you feel...Do you feel...Do you feel...Either way, this is Atiba Freakin Hutchinson...

@costarg obviously, like me, you do not agree with @baulderdash77 's assessment of the situation but that was quite the (unnecessary?) rant!

The dream scenario is to qualify for the Olympics; then we would really need to draw on our complete player pool because Tokyo 2021 would overlap with the Gold Cup.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm moving this convo to the Hutchinson thread:

I disagree; I'll take that bet. I'm not sure he will play another 6 games and surpass De Guzman for caps but I think we will see him again.

@costarg obviously, like me, you do not agree with @baulderdash77 's assessment of the situation but that was quite the (unnecessary?) rant!

The dream scenario is to qualify for the Olympics; then we would really need to draw on our complete player pool because Tokyo 2021 would overlap with the Gold Cup.

If I had to guess, he doesn’t play the first 2 games in March, and plays in June (final 2 games of the group + home and away with Haiti/Nicaragua after his club season is done. If we make the Oct, he will have a decision to make. 

16 hours ago, ghostknownunknown said:

https://twitter.com/karabatak_61/status/1340714363041275907?s=21

Brilliant awareness in the box to set up Aboubakar for Besiktas’ 4th today

Scroll down on that Twitter thread to the third goal, that was a real beauty have to say, leaping back heel.

This was against the last place team (tied at the bottom), so a must win. But at least it was against top flight competition and the rival is fighting to stay with the big clubs in the Super Lig.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 5:43 PM, PiedPilko said:

Larin

Hoilett-David-Davies

Arfield-Hutchinson-Eustaquio

Vitoria-Henry-James

Borjan

Would this work? Three CB's and no Laryea sucks, but we have a lot of depth at midfield. David on the wing / sitting one of him, Atiba or Eustaquio is a weakened squad. 

No.  You need fullbacks/wingbacks

14 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

No.  You need fullbacks/wingbacks

So you'd be fine with this if Hoilett and Davies were in the middle instead? I really like Laryea, but I don't like the idea of sitting Hoilett, or one of our midfielders. There are teams who have succeeded with this approach.

21 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

So you'd be fine with this if Hoilett and Davies were in the middle instead? I really like Laryea, but I don't like the idea of sitting Hoilett, or one of our midfielders. There are teams who have succeeded with this approach.

Davies yes, hoilet no.