Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

2 hours ago, PhillyJawn-guy said:

TAM, DP, GA, and all that nonsensical alphabet soup of silly rules. Why do Canadians still support MLS? Crepeau should be signed like any other player in the world w/o some funky letters attached. Jesus Goddamn Fucking Christ, or I guess Canadians say Tabernak!

For your Great White education:

Edited by A_Gagne

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Is this tweet from the same guy who said Smits was coming to Montreal a couple weeks back??

Smits like John Smits? (And that must have been 4 years ago)

If you want to say Simon Thomas? This is the guy who shut down Thomas to the Impact. 

And, I think he only went with it publicly because Harjournalist tweeted the information before and it was the same info he had. 

You have 2 journalists covering both teams involved confirming the trade, I think that it's safe to say that the deal will happen.

4 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Is this tweet from the same guy who said Smits was coming to Montreal a couple weeks back??

Martineau is a solid journalist. Any journalist will get some information wrong sometimes because of the nature of working with sources but Martineau is probably the most reliable journalist in Montreal for being the first guy to report things that will subsequently happen.

6 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Harjournalist tweeted the information before and it was the same info he had. 

5 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Martineau is a solid journalist.

The two have very different styles (and obviously Har covers more women's football stuff); I've found both to be very reliable and trustworthy. Both hardworking.

Confirmed. But it looks like he will be battling MacMath for the starting spot. MacMath was one of the better young goalies in the league a couple years back before he got stuck behind Tim Howard in Colorado. On paper now it looks like Crepeau will be #2 in Vancouver.

Hope he tries to battle for the #1 spot in Vancouver more than he did in Montreal.

3 hours ago, farrelld said:

Confirmed. But it looks like he will be battling MacMath for the starting spot. MacMath was one of the better young goalies in the league a couple years back before he got stuck behind Tim Howard in Colorado. On paper now it looks like Crepeau will be #2 in Vancouver.

I'm sure they told him he'll have a chance at winning that #1 spot, the whole point of him leaving Montreal was to get a shot at being an MLS #1

Edited by Chad_Impact