Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

14 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Now as far as keeper depth for the national team Crepeau is someone that could be of value.

9 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

At the moment I would say he’s the number 2 or 3.

6 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

That is good because even then for our national team we would have depth at the goalkeeper position which is good for us well good for our future

I would say It is actually very bad that Crepeau could be considered our #2 or #3. Ideally we wouldn't be thinking about calling up a USL player for friendlies, let alone competitive games. Crepeau has 44 pro games played in his career and 30 of those were for the absolutely terrible FC Montreal, which was a glorified academy team. If Borjan gets hurt we are pretty screwed at the moment. Crepeau is very raw. 

1 minute ago, BradMack said:

I would say It is actually very bad that Crepeau could be considered our #2 or #3. Ideally we wouldn't be thinking about calling up a USL player for friendlies, let alone competitive games. Crepeau has 44 pro games played in his career and 30 of those were for the absolutely terrible FC Montreal, which was a glorified academy team. If Borjan gets hurt we are pretty screwed at the moment. Crepeau is very raw. 

He may be at the moment but if he keeps putting on these kind of performances for his club and has a really good USL season, kind of hard to not call him up for Canada

• 2 weeks later...

How many clean sheets is that for Maxime now on the season? Looks like he just came off of another clean sheet

3 minutes ago, Zem said:

Yep, and eight if you include the game against Blainville

On a roll but he can definitely challenge Borjan as far as being the #1 keeper for the national team

Just now, SpecialK said:

Are you crazy ! He’s in usl for a reason !!! He’s not even close at being our backup and your saying he can Challenge for #1 job ??? 

Well not that far of a stretch don't you think? If he keeps getting clean sheet after clean sheet and he keeps doing well in USL the CSA can't ignore him any longer.

11 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Jesus  there are 4- 5 better goalies  then him 

Borjan is clearly our number 1 keeper.

There are a few other Canadian keepers getting varying amounts of playing time in higher calibre leagues than USL, but whether those keepers are actually better than Crépeau is debatable.

Edited by Grandbloke

Crepeau in all likelihood 3rd or 4th on the depth chart after Borjan, Leutwiler +/- Thomas. I suspect he’ll get called for at least one of the Nations League matches this fall so Herdman can have a good look at him 

Still ahead of Roberts, Irving, Melvin, Pantemis, Visciosi (spelling sorry), chechinski, gomes and youth keepers like breza and Busti IMO

Nice to see Crepeau making big saves and  being consistent with his distribution. 

Hope he gets another crack vs TFC next month 

6 minutes ago, soccer.shocker said:

Crepeau in all likelihood 3rd or 4th on the depth chart after Borjan, Leutwiler +/- Thomas. I suspect he’ll get called for at least one of the Nations League matches this fall so Herdman can have a good look at him 

Still ahead of Roberts, Irving, Melvin, Pantemis, Visciosi (spelling sorry), chechinski, gomes and youth keepers like breza and Busti IMO

Nice to see Crepeau making big saves and  being consistent with his distribution. 

Yeah I know right

10 hours ago, soccer.shocker said:

Not sure about Thomas anymore.  He is the backup for a 2nd tier Norwegian team.  Good or bad, I think Crepeau is our current #3 at worst.

Just now, Pottsy3 said:

If Crepeau was 3rd/4th on the depth chart when not getting any playing time, I suspect he moves past Thomas and challenges Leutwiler for 2nd now that he is the only one playing games and playing very well.

Exactly Crepeau is staying consistent and he is getting clean sheets playing well over in USL but you guys are saying he can't challenge for the #1 or #2 spot as a goalkeeper. Watch when he gets another clean sheet or keeps putting on great performances then you guys will say he deserves a spot on the national team. Just watch.

3 minutes ago, Tg11 said:

Exactly Crepeau is staying consistent and he is getting clean sheets playing well over in USL but you guys are saying he can't challenge for the #1 or #2 spot as a goalkeeper. Watch when he gets another clean sheet or keeps putting on great performances then you guys will say he deserves a spot on the national team. Just watch.

No one is touching Borjan at #1, he's a step above. #2 is a little more realistic. No one is saying he doesn't deserve a spot on the national team, dude gets called all of the time

Edited by Pottsy3

3 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

No one is touching Borjan at #1, he's a step above. #2 is a little more realistic. No one is saying he doesn't deserve a spot on the national team, dude gets called all of the time

Yeah Borjan is our #1 and #2 is a little realistic but everyone is saying he doesn't even deserve to be #2 when I am saying that he does. He is at least getting clean sheet after clean sheet putting on great performances for his USL club but everyone is underestimating him. He is at least staying consistent for his club and that's saying something.

5 hours ago, Ivan said:

Not sure about Thomas anymore.  He is the backup for a 2nd tier Norwegian team.  Good or bad, I think Crepeau is our current #3 at worst.

I don’t disagree at all but I’m not sure there’d be a lot of movement on the depth chart until Herdman and his staff have more opportunities to evaluate for themselves 

• 2 weeks later...