Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

He was traded because he went to the Impact and demanded to be in order to compete for a #1 spot.

It would be really solid of Impact management if they worked that out but typically that doesn’t happen.  He wanted out and Vancouver was more than likely the only taker since no US squad is going to waste an international spot on a Canadian backup.

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

It would be really solid of Impact management if they worked that out but typically that doesn’t happen.  He wanted out and Vancouver was more than likely the only taker since no US squad is going to waste an international spot on a Canadian backup.

Isn't he a US-national for roster purposes since he comes through the Impact-system?

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Awesome, not one Canadian keeper played in MLS last year. Any MLS starter becomes our #2 keeper.

Which all fits, cause he was probably number 3-4 anyways.  Hopefully he can have a good start and make it his own.  This keeps me interested in watching Caps games now that Davies is gone!!  And the Impact for their young CDN defenders and Mids.  Not sure why I watch TFC anymore though.  

6 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Which all fits, cause he was probably number 3-4 anyways.  Hopefully he can have a good start and make it his own.  This keeps me interested in watching Caps games now that Davies is gone!!  And the Impact for their young CDN defenders and Mids.  Not sure why I watch TFC anymore though.  

Henry will also likely start with Cornelius on the bench. Once Teibert and Levis are healthy, they will likely be at least a part-time starters. And the Caps have a few good young players to watch for including Simon Colyn, Theo Bair and Michael Baldisimo. So there are a few reasons to keep an eye on the Caps this year. 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:28 PM, Northvansteve said:

Henry will also likely start with Cornelius on the bench. Once Teibert and Levis are healthy, they will likely be at least a part-time starters. And the Caps have a few good young players to watch for including Simon Colyn, Theo Bair and Michael Baldisimo. So there are a few reasons to keep an eye on the Caps this year. 

Whitecaps Love Canada!!

Had a solid first game and could do nothing about the goals the team brought upon him. 

Updated: other than one poor clearance a beastly performance today. Good anticipation and timing. Some important stops and quick off his line when needed. No chance with the penalty (that never should have been given). 

Edited by toontownman
Update for game 2.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, toontownman said:

I think he has been immense so far. Great shot stopper, physical presence and vocal. Has been a bit rough positioning wise and with distribution a couple of times but really hard to fault him. Given his age if he keeps his place he is about getting better. 

I think and hope he will, makes more sense to play a young up and coming keeper on a cliff that is rebuilding.

• 1 month later...
On 4/15/2019 at 10:03 AM, toontownman said:

I think he has been immense so far. Great shot stopper, physical presence and vocal. Has been a bit rough positioning wise and with distribution a couple of times but really hard to fault him. Given his age if he keeps his place he is about getting better. 

He has the tools, agree. He needs to become more confident and dominant in the box, and improve positioning and distribution. The first two traits should improve with game time, video and coaching. Distribution will come from training and working at it - boring to work on, but he needs to do so. If he improves in those three areas he'll be a pro for a long time and gain many caps. If not, his upside will be limited.

I was never that sold on Crepeau, but this season has convinced me that he's a solid #2 for us (and this is before seeing that triple save). Year after year, I keep being reminded how consistent playing time at higher levels can really improve players, even for those who have graduated from their so called "developmental" years.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Well, the Caps got this one right, at least.  Can you imagine how dire it would be if Marinovic and Rowe still between the sticks?  

Congratulations, Max!

It's almost shocking how bad they are and I can't imagine how much worse they would be without him. 

• 4 weeks later...