Maxime Crépeau

Dub Narcotic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
57 minutes ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Wonder if he get a shot at the number 1 spot next year in MTL. Bush ain't getting better or younger. 

Does his game translate to that level? I’m not so sure. I’ve been a huge fan since 2011 but I have my doubts..

Maybe he can be a Nick Rimando though. 

The only way that Crépeau stays with the MTL Impact next season is if he’s given the number 1 spot or sufficient amount of starts/minutes 

Should he leave which is 50/50 at this point he has the quality IMO to play elsewhere in the MLS or to sign with a club in a descent European league 

One thing is for certain, he won’t be a Ottawa Fury Player next year as he’s showed he’s better than USL Level

Some of you might want to see him in the CPL 2019/2020 (When Quebec City gets a Team) But I think he would dominate and be one if not the best goalkeeper there.

Max needs a challenge, it’s  the only way to get better 

Regardless this is not just about what’s the right move for his career but also Nationals Team as well, personally I rate him very highly and he’ll be 25 in March which is time for him to take flight, not considered young or a prospect anymore! He’s matured and grown a lot

Edited by Thomas

9 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

The only way that Crépeau stays with the MTL Impact next season is if he’s given the number 1 spot or sufficient amount of starts/minutes 

Should he leave which is 50/50 at this point he has the quality IMO to play elsewhere in the MLS or to sign with a club in a descent European league 

One thing is for certain, he won’t be a Ottawa Fury Player next year as he’s showed he’s better than USL Level

Some of you might want to see him in the CPL 2019/2020 (When Quebec City gets a Team) But I think he would dominate and be one if not the best goalkeeper there.

Max needs a challenge, it’s  the only way to get better 

Regardless this is not just about what’s the right move for his career but also Nationals Team as well, personally I rate him very highly and he’ll be 25 in March which is time for him to take flight, not considered young or a prospect anymore! He’s matured and grown a lot

He needs to start though. Yes he deserves to play at a higher level but he needs a place that will start him. I doubt it will be in MLS although he showed enough that warrants that.

Maybe a low Euro D2 league or D3 league? Doesn't mean they'll let him start.

CPL would guarantee him a starting spot.

We'll see

39 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

http://www.ottawasports.ca/five-guys-one-couch-a-profile-of-fury-fcs-maxime-crepeau/

Very well done interview - July 2018

Crépeau’s future with the Impact is murky. The club has an option to bring him back in 2019, while Evan Bush’s contract with the Impact runs out at the end of the current season. Crépeau spent the 2017 season mostly on the bench backing up Bush, getting three MLS starts and four in the Voyageurs Cup. “It was great because I’ve been waiting. There are three to four goalkeepers in a team, and there’s (only) one playing. So there’s one couch for five guys.” The crowded couch led to an excellent opportunity for Julian de Guzman, Nikola Popovic and the Ottawa Fury. 

The Fury

At the beginning of the current season, the Impact gave Crépeau some instruction and sent him down Highway 40 to Ottawa. “They told me ‘Go to Ottawa. Do your stuff. Then we’ll talk at the end of the year.’”

And now this:

http://www.tvasports.ca/2018/09/27/lavenir-de-maxime-crepeau-est-il-avec-limpact

Anyone here speak French? I translated the text but the video is what I want to know about 

Not much more than what it was in the text. They are talking about what is next for Crépeau and they seem to think that it's somewhere else whether it's MLS or USL, because if he comes back to Montreal, it's to become a #1 and he wouldn'T do that right now.

1 hour ago, Blackdude said:

Not much more than what it was in the text. They are talking about what is next for Crépeau and they seem to think that it's somewhere else whether it's MLS or USL, because if he comes back to Montreal, it's to become a #1 and he wouldn'T do that right now.

I’m assuming Crepeau is the most Canadian guy we have next to Piette (ie no other passport)... so it kinda sucks that his options are limited for finding a level between USL and MLS.  A move to B3 (or similar) to get some games would be great.. but obviously tough to do.  

Diop is at a similar salary level to Crepeau, is the same age, has a green card so counts as domestic and has more MLS game experience. He might not have been MLS starter quality at LA last year when he played 15 games but he is a pretty good backup. We have only seen him in the VCup and some friendlies but he did make a good impression in those games and seems to have some potential. 

It is really hard to compare the two, since I have seen more games of Crepeau. The problem with Crepeau is I have seen him play amazing and terrible with both the Impact and Canada. I think both have potential to be starting MLS level keepers. From the Impact point of view, with Diop counting as domestic I am not sure they have much incentive to bring Crepeau back other than the marketing potential of a hometown boy. That is a bad result of the discriminatory MLS rules for Canadians versus Americans though I think Crepeau does qualify as domestic league wide under the new rules. On the positive side, he has done more to develop himself this year by playing regularly at a lower level than Diop has with only 2 games in the VCup. I think Diop would have played more if the Impact were not on the edge of a playoff spot all year and needing to win every game. Bush for all his flaws has had a great season as BlackDude pointed out and along with Piatti is the main reason why we are still in contention for a playoff spot. It is a shame from a national team perspective that Bush has never shown interest in Canadian citizenship. He has lived here for 8 years and would provide us with a legitimate backup who is playing regularly to Borjan.

As for Crepeau as others have said, it is probably best for him to move on hopefully to Europe at a level between USL and MLS like German B3 where he will have a chance to get regular playing time at a decent level and have more options to transfer if he gets stuck behind a steady starter.

Edited by Grizzly

Huge Season for Maxime Crepeau!

• 30 Games (All Starts) 

• 2700 minutes played

• 29 goals conceded  (0.97 GAA)

• 15 Clean Sheets 

• 80 Saves (73% SV)

Should he be called up for Canada-Dominica match he misses the last match vs Charleston Battery 

And it’s up in the air if they make the playoffs or not 

So yeah, excellent performances this year ??????

His Loan ends Nov 30 although he might return to Montreal sooner than that 

A876D945-B038-4416-B601-400A7D0DB475.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Word has it that crepeau has returned to Montreal and is training to get ready for a possible call up next month vs St Kitts to finish off the season

Makes sense.

Busti will likely go to the U20s, and, I haven't checked, but I guess Leutwiler is still not getting playing time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want to fly Borjan over if he is either being investigated due to the PSG game or is playing many mid-week fixtures.

So Crépeau will likely get the call.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

If, as most on this board think, we cant do without Tabla, Millar, David etc etc for the next game, how can we do without Borjan??  He needs to used to the defenders that will likely play in front of him in the future.    I dont think its at the life or death point just yet, but I do see the point in building chemistry and not taking the tougher teams too lightly even at this stage.  I would think he'll be there.  

Interview with Max today from TVA Sports (in French). 

http://www.tvasports.ca/2018/10/30/ou-se-retrouvera-maxime-crepeau

Sounds like Crepeau wants a fresh start somewhere else in MLS but has a 1-year option left on his contract. This could be an interesting story for Montreal this winter. Bush's contract is up but he had the best year of his career this year and has been with the team pre MLS.