Kevin Blue named CSA General Secretary and CEO

narduch

7 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Lets just keep the brutal headlines and frivolous lawsuits in the past

I don't know what this job entails other than hiring the coach(not even sure about that), but even what you have said above is a win in todays climate at the CSA.

"Positive vibes only"

14 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Okay, for starters, yes he's cute! (My wife agrees 😉). And, second, I like the profile, experience, pedigree, and youthfulness of this hire. He seems ambitious, which is good, and he should be able to put all that high-powered psych education to good use, too.  The big question:  Will the board let him do the job that needs to be done?  Unless he utterly craps the bed--not likely--then I see the first phase as a three-year plan. 

I wish him well!! 

This is really that part that concerns me.  His profile looks perfect for the role, I really hope people get onboard and don't start sticking sticks in his wheels at every opportunity.  I feel this will be his biggest challenge.  It takes more than one strong and good leader to sail a ship, not sure if the people and parts around him are solid enough.

17 minutes ago, costarg said:

...I really hope people get onboard and don't start sticking sticks in his wheels at every opportunity.  I feel this will be his biggest challenge...

To what extent does he actually get to set the agenda though? In Kevan Pipe's day, this appeared to be the case, but once Victor Montagliani became the CSA president, any full-time employee, no matter how senior in job title terms, appeared to just be the hired help in decision-making terms.

19 minutes ago, masster said:

Didn't know where to put this, but the CSA isn't the only national sports body that is struggling with their finances.

https://www.tsn.ca/other-sports/rick-westhead-new-report-says-nsos-need-104-million-increase-in-annual-funding-to-avoid-crisis-1.2084609

when I saw this thread had been bumped with a new post, I was worried that he had resigned already.  So goes the ways  of a Canadian soccer fan...

12 hours ago, masster said:

Didn't know where to put this, but the CSA isn't the only national sports body that is struggling with their finances.

https://www.tsn.ca/other-sports/rick-westhead-new-report-says-nsos-need-104-million-increase-in-annual-funding-to-avoid-crisis-1.2084609

Wow, who knew that money was tight for sports in Canada? Why dont they just grab all those deep pocketed sponsors that throw money at national teams we are always hearing about?  Volleyball makes youth players pay to be on national team, basketball cant afford to send NBA players (our best players) to olympics??   Cycling and climbing teams have laid off staff..shameful!! 

"costs for travel, logistics, and proper food and training for athletes has skyrocketed"  Wow, I sure hope westhead took that into consideration when he wrote all those articles about how shitty soccer is run in canada.   I wonder if  all these other federations get the same CSA treatment, sack everyone, goverment inquiries, pit the mens and womens teams against each other, insinuate wrong doing and smear any decent person that tries to get involved.  

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

Wow, who knew that money was tight for sports in Canada? Why dont they just grab all those deep pocketed sponsors that throw money at national teams we are always hearing about?  Volleyball makes youth players pay to be on national team, basketball cant afford to send NBA players (our best players) to olympics??   Cycling and climbing teams have laid off staff..shameful!! 

"costs for travel, logistics, and proper food and training for athletes has skyrocketed"  Wow, I sure hope westhead took that into consideration when he wrote all those articles about how shitty soccer is run in canada.   I wonder if  all these other federations get the same CSA treatment, sack everyone, goverment inquiries, pit the mens and womens teams against each other, insinuate wrong doing and smear any decent person that tries to get involved.  

Send this article to all the players too!

57 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Dam. Blue is actually a competent leader. I have no idea of he had anything to do with this. Looks like this rickety boat is going i the right direction for once!

Anything to do with what? What did I miss?