CPL 2022 Season Attendance

I imagine a fair few Forge supporters will make the trip. The late start seems silly. I assume there is CFL or something else earlier they want to avoid?

I could definitely see 10k. Atletico will be going hard this week on promo to get even more people there plus there will be more travelling away supporters. The promo and visibility of the game will be everything this week though.

13 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I wonder if they give the hosts of the first leg an extra week to sell tickets next season. I think the short window hurt us on the island.

If the league has 9 teams next season, I suspect they'll need an earlier start and a later finish to get all the regular season games in. In which case an extra week off during the playoffs seems unlikely.

46 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I imagine a fair few Forge supporters will make the trip. The late start seems silly. I assume there is CFL or something else earlier they want to avoid?

I could definitely see 10k. Atletico will be going hard this week on promo to get even more people there plus there will be more travelling away supporters. The promo and visibility of the game will be everything this week though.

Coincidentally, the RedBlacks host the Tiger-Cats at Landsdowne on Saturday in the final CFL regular season game. That’s one reason why the CPL match is on Sunday but I’m not sure why it starts at 6. If the RedBlacks had won last Friday, the winner of next week’s game would likely have made it to the playoffs, the loser would have been eliminated. That would have been a great Otttawa-Hamilton rivalry weekend.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the attendance for the final is less than today’s. It was an absolutely perfect afternoon for soccer in Ottawa today.

2 minutes ago, Treppy2 said:

Coincidentally, the RedBlacks host the Tiger-Cats at Landsdowne on Saturday in the final CFL regular season game. That’s one reason why the CPL match is on Sunday but I’m not sure why it starts at 6. If the RedBlacks had won last Friday, the winner of next week’s game would likely have made it to the playoffs, the loser would have been eliminated. That would have been a great Otttawa-Hamilton rivalry weekend.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the attendance for the final is less than today’s. It was an absolutely perfect afternoon for soccer in Ottawa today.

The Ottawa 67’s play at noon or 1pm. Not 100% sure of start time but heard noon. 

There is also a craft/produce Market open until 3pm. 

Foot traffic and parking will be a problem. 

19 hours ago, jonovision said:

If the league has 9 teams next season, I suspect they'll need an earlier start and a later finish to get all the regular season games in. In which case an extra week off during the playoffs seems unlikely.

It's unlikely the league will be at 9 teams next season.

Good attendance but imagine that attendance in say a 10000 seat stadium instead of a 22000 seat stadium. I understand why they play there but man if we could only have everyone  in 5 to 10000 seat stadiums just imagine the atmosphere. Forge playing at that McMaster stadium Ron Joyce Field , it fits about 6000 add another 3000 seats to the other side and yesterdays 7000 attendance that place would have looked like a happening place and would have looked packed. First timers come to games and see a packed stadium and they are going to come again . It looks great live and looks great on TV . I understand why Hamilton, Ottawa and Winnipeg CPL teams play in these big stadiums but let’s be honest having packed smaller stadiums just gives the game a big event feel .

Edited by SoccMan

4 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Good attendance but imagine that attendance in say a 10000 seat stadium instead of a 22000 seat stadium. I understand why they play there but man if we could only have everyone  in 5 to 10000 seat stadiums just imagine the atmosphere. Forge playing at that McMaster stadium Ron Joyce Field , it fits about 6000 add another 3000 seats to the other side and yesterdays 7000 attendance that place would have looked like a happening place and would have looked packed. First timers come to games and see a packed stadium and they are going to come again . It looks great live and looks great on TV . I understand why Hamilton, Ottawa and Winnipeg CPL teams play in these big stadiums but let’s be honest having packed smaller stadiums just gives the game a big event feel .

I also want a smaller stadium but I must say there was no lack of atmosphere attending the game in Hamilton and I'm sure the same could be said of Ottawa. It's fun thinking and debating about what we want and how to go about it. It's more fun actually going to the game though, even though we only averaged 3500 all season. It will take a couple decades of more and more asses in seats to get what we want. It is what it is.