CPL 2022 Season Attendance

On 11/2/2022 at 4:54 PM, Blue and White Army said:

Great location (literally seconds from the subway, on Bloor Street, etc.), but seating on only the east side, and permanent throwball lines on the pitch. Another venue that would probably best suite L1O, and (sadly) previously did host L1O. Depressing to think that this venue that once hosted Canada internationals and the Toronto Lynx has intentionally been limited to university usage.

Brockton Stadium, on the other hand...

I've been there a few times for CFL preseason games, and I found the site to have several problems. First, no liquor license for the site nor space for any kind of decent concessions. Second, one side of the stadium is a fence and then road. That might be fine for Football, but for Soccer, having balls fly off isn't so hot. Third, the seating was metal bench seating. I dunno, I wasn't a fan. 

On 11/2/2022 at 5:11 PM, Mihairokov said:

L1O did play some men's and women's matches at Varsity in 2022 - Alliance was hosting out of there. It's likely not a permanent home and I imagine it's difficult for some teams to get in to downtown depending on when matches are scheduled.

I don't think there's any hope for CPL at Varsity any time soon, or Lamport for that matter, as great as either would be.

What a fun little stadium. I'll have to check this out in person sometime. I'm a big supporter of Monarch Park hosting more L1O but Brockton is really compelling for a number of reasons....although it doesn't look like it has a ton of space to expand into if we are considering CPL usage.

I will agree with Lamport, as fun it would be, particularly for Forge away fans, MLSE I'm pretty sure is in control of the facility and they aren't going to let a competing team setup shop there. I think more likely you see one day MLSE invest in it one day and park the Argos there.

On 11/22/2022 at 3:40 AM, -Hammer- said:

I've been there a few times for CFL preseason games, and I found the site to have several problems. First, no liquor license for the site nor space for any kind of decent concessions. Second, one side of the stadium is a fence and then road. That might be fine for Football, but for Soccer, having balls fly off isn't so hot. Third, the seating was metal bench seating. I dunno, I wasn't a fan. 

I will agree with Lamport, as fun it would be, particularly for Forge away fans, MLSE I'm pretty sure is in control of the facility and they aren't going to let a competing team setup shop there. I think more likely you see one day MLSE invest in it one day and park the Argos there.

What state is it in these days? I heard it was used for a homeless shelter or covid hospital or something) 

It would take some construction work to move the Argos there, it's actually an American football field not Canadian so it's not long enough IIRC.

6 hours ago, Tigers said:

What state is it in these days? I heard it was used for a homeless shelter or covid hospital or something) 

It would take some construction work to move the Argos there, it's actually an American football field not Canadian so it's not long enough IIRC.

I think homeless shelter, but I'm not really sure, but that is only on a portion of the parking lot, not the stadium itself. I play in a men's league at Lamport under a bubble right now. I don't really know the layout details though. It's obviously not a fantastic stadium for a pro team at the moment.